2nd SWWAATS studio report

Sounds and looks amazing. Very talented guys. I'm really diggin' that tone too James. Care to share what it is yet?

thanks

-Joe
you mean the guitar tone? BC Rich Mockingbird w/ EMG 81... 6505+ blend with Cobra... about equal blend, ts808 on both.... std. recto cab w/ V30s... SM57... ADL600... Pro Tools HD192 converter, clocked w/ Apogee Big Ben.

that's the complete path.

James, of all the bands that you've been working with as producer/mixer/engineer that I've heard, these guys are definitely the most unique and intriguing of that bunch. Some of the riffs off the first studio report got me instantly hooked...

Great stuff, keep us posted!

you mean the guitar tone? BC Rich Mockingbird w/ EMG 81... 6505+ blend with Cobra... about equal blend, ts808 on both.... std. recto cab w/ V30s... SM57... ADL600... Pro Tools HD192 converter, clocked w/ Apogee Big Ben.

that's the complete path.

Yep, that's what I meant. Thanks for the info!

-Joe

Kinda busting balls here, since the sounds are awesome.
But holyshit that name is worse then any randomly generated emo bandname, how do people come up with that stuff?

Solid drummer aswell, but it seems like he's "stroking" the toms on the vids, how hard is he actually hitting?

Kinda busting balls here, since the sounds are awesome.
But holyshit that name is worse then any randomly generated emo bandname, how do people come up with that stuff?
it's a quote... from a book, or poem.... and who cares anyway? that's the name, it's way cooler than any random two-word emo name could ever hope to be, and all the good short names are pretty well taken anyway.... so why sweat it? you like the band or you dont... if their name length effects that, then well... looks like the b-mouth attitude is starting to migrate here. seriously, i expected higher standards (read musical) for criticism here, rather than the typical youtube/b-mouth/myspace silliness. i mean, if the band sucked then fair game, but you've said they sound great to you.... and as far as i'm concerned that buys a whole lot of passes on things like band name, image, etc.

Solid drummer aswell, but it seems like he's "stroking" the toms on the vids, how hard is he actually hitting?
hard enough to get the tones you hear, since i did no tom replacement.... which was plenty loud enough, obviously. good drummers don't necessarily "look" like their making much effort to play. rule of thumb: listen with you ears, not with your eyes.

having said that, i did ask him to hit harder a few times throughout the session.... but all in all he was a breeze to record and kicked ass.

Awesome video and brutal band.. loved the part were the music drops and james says.. all right, cool. :lol:

Never heard about this band till' today (i've heard about Bodies in the Gear of Apparatus in the past, and i'm a huge DEHUMANIZED fan (can't wait to hear the new album btw)), and i must say what i've heard/seen in this studio report and their myspace is pretty impressive.