NEW BEHEMOTH

How about the intro riff to 'Defiling Morality Ov Black God'? mmmm, that extended chord makes it sound just filthy enough. There's some great music on this CD.

Unfortunately the mix still bothers me as much, if not more, as the first time I heard it. It became so obvious when it didn't match their visuals at all in the 'Ov Fire and The Void' clip.

Uhhhh ya I just picked this up and I'm shocked -- it's fucking awesome. I don't know what you guys are talking about when you say the songs are 'alright' and the production sounds like machine head. WTF??? Fail, dudes. This is a definite album of the year candidate. What a great bass tone by the way. My favorite CR mix. Amazing record!!!

The leak must have been without mastering... when Behemoth put "Ov Fire and the Void" up on their Myspace, it was very quiet compared to the older, finished songs, then Shemhamforash was much louder.

I also bought the CD yesterday and am really happy with it. If it's as bad as people claim, then ignorance is bliss for me. :)

Just picked this up, awesome tunes, killer production, like it a lot! :headbang: If anything the music can be a little one dimensional, but hey it's Death Metal! Really nice job on the packaging too.

Yeah, the CD fucking rules. Songs are great, production is great...

+1

I was a little disappointed to see the DVD that came with it was basically nothing more than their Youtube vids all compiled together, but it's in better quality so it's cool.

I wonder what amps ended up in the final mix. They first say that it's mainly Mesa, with some Diezel and Sommatone (sp?), but then in the mixing segment with Colin, there's a 5150 sitting on the desk...I wonder if it was used, or just sitting there.

Everything about this CD is killer...I have no idea how anyone can say a word about this production or mix.

Just bought the CD+DVD digipack today, sounds for all intents and purposes the same as the leak, so my comments stand - but hey, glad you all are diggin' it! :D Musically though I think it's definitely weaker than the last two, maybe even Zos Kia as well, but still has its moments!

This album is great. Needs more listens before I know how great it is though. I like the mix alot. Maybe a little too "polished" for Behemoth, but I think it works out pretty good on this album.

sorry for the thread resurrection, but i just stumbled upon some information about evangelion that i've never seen before, and hence wanted to share with you guys.

check this:

"I’m using a Mesa/Boogie Road King. The older and more experienced I get, the less I need. I go for simple solutions. When I see the Road King I see millions of options in the front and in the back: I don’t have space in my brain to fuck with some of this! Just get me a decent heavy tone that’s it. I was surprised a lot with Colin Richardson when we did ‘Evangelion,’ he suggested to re-amp with Randall, and Peavey Van Halen model not 5150 [Peavey 6505]. I hated it, not that I hate Randall; it’s just not my type of sound. But altogether it sounded great, that’s what you hear on the re-cord.”

http://truecultheavymetal.com/blog5...-from-behemoth-speaks-to-sick-sounds-magazine

so colin did indeed reamp, but not only through the 5150, but also a randall amp of some sort.

tbh i still think it's a shame to crush the hertz guy's work like that....those guys sure know their shit as far as heavy guitar tones go.

That got me pumped up that there as another new album right around the corner or something.
Good input, though.
Thanks for sharing.

Scott

@Fragle: thanks for sharing and clarifying this at the same time:headbang:
And Wieslawski bro=master of guitar tone imo
I probably have every album done by this guy and what amaze me is how guitar tone perfectly feat each album.

That got me pumped up that there as another new album right around the corner or something.
Good input, though.
Thanks for sharing.

Scott

+1

I had always tossed this band off since their message always seemed counterpoint to my idealogies and the makeup I am soooo not into...And, as usual, I think in hindsight I was wrong. They are not nearly as extreme as I initially thought. But what I find most appealing and refreshing is this band and Nergal in particular have the exact same mindset about heavy music that I do...Namely this:

I love to combine these two elements: catchiness in the song, when it’s catchy and melodic; and when it’s hyper-brutal, just blasting and crazy. That’s what ‘Demigod’ has. The song structure is very simple too, it makes it a really cool song to play live.

Way too many heavy bands do not seem to grasp this these days. It's either go "full gay" with the singing and stuff like most metalcore, or pour on the faux brutality with a 4 minute deathcore breakdown.