2x12 disatvantages with recording?

Im looking at getting something for recording. So should i get a 2x12 or a 1x12?
Dont want a 4x12.

I depends on what kind of tone you want and what type of 2x12 or 1x12 you want. If Mesa, Bogner etc. are too expensive for you then I'd say anything with Vintage 30's in it. Closed back is good for metal I guess.

Why not go into a guitar shop and try a few cabs. You will hear which one is good and which one isn't.

There is no desent shops to try gear around here. I play thrash metal, testament, megadeth, exodus...you get the idea.

Well in that case I'd say you can't go wrong with Celestion Vintage 30 speakers. If you want them cheap I suggest you get the Orange 1x12: http://www.thomann.de/fi/orange_ppc112.htm or if you want a 2x12: http://www.thomann.de/fi/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm

Now keep in mind that this Orange cab is not made in the same place as the bigger Orange cabs are. Still I'd say the 1x12 sounds more like the 4x12 than the 2x12 Orange. You can't go wrong with the Harley Benton since it's the same price as if you just bought the speakers. I've owned two of those and they are ok. Proper cabs. Not super tight but good for recording if you're not running your amp super loud. This might lead to some bad resonances.

A 10" speaker isn't really optimal for guitars. I think it's more suitable for bass. Some small combos have it to have a bassier sound but IMO ends up sounding woofy.

Umm... I had a Mesa Mark IV combo with the C90 speaker and I must say I really liked the sound of that in the room but if I'd have to choose I'd def. get the Stiletto cab. The Mesa Stiletto 4x12 (same as TRADITIONAL) is the tightest cab out there. Haven't tried the 1x12 but the Rectifier 1x12 cab sound good so I guess the Stiletto one should also.

Only disadvantage I can think of is that it doesn't sound like a 4x12 cab...only if you'd want it to sound like a 4x12 that is obviously.

Other then that not much. There are awesome sounding 2x12s out there, Ola proofs it with almost every video.
Also a lot easier to carry around if you'd want to use it for something else besides recording too!

Exactly. Remember that cabs are AT LEAST just as important as the amp itself.

It's sad to see people using Diezels and Roadkings and the some cheapo cab under it. They have no idea of the potential their amp has.