3 fav songs from ATWB

Thanks :p I think one gets better with critics... otherwise it's useless.. I don't think there's one perfect album out there, it can't be! :)

ATWB is in my top 5 2011 albums list btw, which is a great thing since there was sooo great albums this year!

I haven't gotten to the point of doing my review yet in the main thread, but my top 3 have solidified; in order:

#1 Hide in the Fairytale (currently vying for the title of my favorite Theocracy song ever)
#2 Master Storyteller
#3 30 Pieces of Silver

YES!!!!!! Finally someone like ME!!!!!!! HitF has been my favorite since the day I heard it!!!!!

1. The Gift of Music
2. I AM
3. The Master Storyteller / As The World Bleeds / Altar To The Unknown God

The Gift of Music and I AM are easily my favorite tracks. After that, it get's really hard to choose.

Why would somebody listen to metal if they don't like Altar? lol...

It seems kind of weird to me that someone wouldn't be in to Altar. I think of it as the song off ATWB with the broadest appeal. I guess there's no such thing as a universally loved song though.

I'll give Disconouny credit, he doesn't suck up to the band! :loco:

We'll make a fanboy out of him yet!

Join us, Disconouny......it's bliss..... :zombie:

Chorus is a synonym for Choir.

Refrain is the part of a song which is repeated. Yes, Refrain "stop oneself from doing something" (unless oneself is singing a chorus, with or without accompanying choir, I guess).

On first & second listen the long songs really appealed to me - the complete opposite to my MoS experience. Now after 6 to 8 listens, the shorter songs are starting to stick in my head. There is so much to love on AtWB, but I think my top picks are:

1: The Gift of Music
2: I Am

Other than that, it's still too soon to say.

I'd call it a "hook" - An attention grabbing element that can include all or part of the chorus (chorus which can mean a part in a song that is repeated musically or lyrically at least once---OR CAN MEAN a group of people singing, as in "a chorus of songbirds") ha.

Just had to clear that up.
Also, i'd classify that effect to be of an electronic nature, which does have it's place in the genre. And it is awesomely done, because it is a good transition from the hook to the guitar blaster intro.

After lurking lurking lurking on the forum while listening to this album on repeat for about 2 weeks, I think I put my top 3 as:

1. Hide in the Fairtale. (favorite song from the get-go. nod to Sonata Arctica, maybe?)
2. I AM. (after literally waking up singing this song many many days)
3. 30 Pieces of Silver. (cannot get over the awesome lyrics and guitar. want more guitar sections like that!)

The whole album is amazering though.