30 Scariest Movies Ever Made

ahh ok.. now i remember another series that scares me..

The Phantasm movies... Tall Man (Angus whatever) always scared me especially the first movie...

One movie that really scared the hell out of me was The Descent. It is one of the best horror movies I've seen in a long time. Movies like Saw and Hostel aren't really scary. They did make me wince in a few places, but they are creepy in their own way though.

Not much from movies scares me; the last thing I remember being afraid of was when Eliot met E.T. in the cornfields.....scared the shit out of me every time :lol:

Apocalypse Now. It's not a conventional horror film, but... man. Seriously.

Oh, and fucking Old Boy...

As for one that's actually intended as horror, I'm thinking probably Alien.

The scariest? That has to be subjective...

The first movie that really freaked me out... I sneaked out of bed and went downstairs late at night when I was about 7 years old, sat alone in the dark in front of the TV watching the original "The Blob". For nearly the next half dozen years I would always look under behind doors, under the bed, and anywhere it could be hiding.

About the same time I snuck downstairs and watched the original War of the Worlds... and that scared me.

The first time I watched the Exorcist when I was about 10 freaked me out too.

As for recent movies... The Grudge was one hell of a creepy film, it wasn't really too scary, but it was one of the most creepy films I've ever seen. The Descent was a great flick as well.

Alien, The Omen, Phantasm, Amityville Horror are all classics and were scary when they came out....

I remember being spooked by Children of the Corn. Haven't seen it in ages.

The Shining would have to be my top pick. It's the only film that freaks me out more every time I see it.

I was just about to say Children of the Corn.

All of Steven King's movies are scary really. I remember The Stand used to scare me when I was little.

Not much from movies scares me; the last thing I remember being afraid of was when Eliot met E.T. in the cornfields.....scared the shit out of me every time :lol:

exactly the same for me :p also, IT freaked me out as well when i was younger. i guess i've hated clowns ever since.

and i don't understand how gremlins made it into that list.. :guh:

The scarriest movie i've ever seen was Boogeyman. People actually said that movie sucked. I couldn't sleep without looking at my closet for 2 weeks. :[

The scariest? That has to be subjective...

The first movie that really freaked me out... I sneaked out of bed and went downstairs late at night when I was about 7 years old, sat alone in the dark in front of the TV watching the original "The Blob". For nearly the next half dozen years I would always look under behind doors, under the bed, and anywhere it could be hiding.

About the same time I snuck downstairs and watched the original War of the Worlds... and that scared me.

The first time I watched the Exorcist when I was about 10 freaked me out too.

As for recent movies... The Grudge was one hell of a creepy film, it wasn't really too scary, but it was one of the most creepy films I've ever seen. The Descent was a great flick as well.

Alien, The Omen, Phantasm, Amityville Horror are all classics and were scary when they came out....

I saw The Descent recently and don't get the ending... did those creatures really exist or was she insane and killed her own friends? ....

If you haven't seen the Japanse Movie "AUDITION" SEE IT NOW! THe first 3/4 of the movie is very slow and drags on... but as a horror movie fanatic, I can seriously say the last 1/4 of the movie creeped me out. BIG TIME! The last scenes made the whole movie worth watching over and over.

Also, Japanse movie "Tale of Two Sisters" is pretty creepy too. Not as much as Auditon though.

-Metal

Yep listen to this girl.

Agree... !!!

Rose red scares the shit out of me.. When she looks in the mirror and....... bah... gets the creeps just thinking of it...

I can't remember specifics about Rose Red, but I do remember it was about 5 hours long and I sat there sweating and gripping the seat for about 4.9 of those hours. It's pretty badly made but unlike most horror movies, it just never lets up. Every scene is tension. Very scary movie

I've never actually been 'scared' by a film I've watched. Maybe I just have too high a tolerance for things (unfortunately).

Maybe when I was younger, IT was really good but other than that I haven't really found anything 'frightening.'

A tale of two sisters hands down!

:headbang: Dude, CHEERS to that response! I own this movie and cannot believe I didn't mention it. It's amazing and yes, clearly has some freaky shit going on - especially if you watch it with the 5.1 sound which is incredibly well done. One scene I found highly memorable was when the girl was sleeping in her bed and that woman in black was hovering over her - those fucked up sounds seriously screwed me up haha.

I remember being spooked by Children of the Corn. Haven't seen it in ages.

The Shining would have to be my top pick. It's the only film that freaks me out more every time I see it.

agreed...The Shining has to be one of my favorites. Jack Nicholson is just one scary bastard in that movie :zombie:

seriously though, how the hell did the grudge get on that list?! i was scared shitless watching the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre when I was 10. I was totally freaked out by watching Hostel as well. not so much for it being "scary", but purely strange and that it could happen...