4 More Years!!!!!!

Trashdevil said:
??? What about Reagan???
I'm to young to remember and too lazy to find out but was he an okay president and didn't people think he was only :err: famous asshole who knows very little about politics? :err:
he was out of hollywood and movies for a while before he became president. he made a career in politics for years before he ran and he wasnt an ok president...he sucked....but he told people what they wanted to hear. ever heard of reganomics? the trickle down effect? none of it worked. at all. period.

Northern Viking said:
We should have a right to vote as well considering to what extent we have to put up with the fucker

Ha.. Yeah my parents live in Germany (they are American citizens though) but they were telling me how it sucks cause they have to put up with the embarrassment of their country reelecting a moron. It really makes me sad. I didn't vote for Bush... But then I wasn't all for Kerry either... But anyone's probably better than Bush.
-Dagny

dilema1362 said:
he was out of hollywood and movies for a while before he became president. he made a career in politics for years before he ran and he wasnt an ok president...he sucked....but he told people what they wanted to hear. ever heard of reganomics? the trickle down effect? none of it worked. at all. period.
Aye. And Bush apparently figured it would be a great idea to go back to that. Clinton may have gotten a bj from a secretary, but Bush has raped the country.

I'm ashamed to be American...

Northern Viking, i know what democracy is, so you are the dumbass. what were you trying to say anyway, were you just trying to give a lesson in the inadiquacies of our american democratic system? if the system doesnt care about me, i dont care for the system.
by the way, i'm mostly just pissed that you called me a dumbass, you arrogant condescending dumbass. unless you were just kidding, of course.
also, i need to learn how to quote posts.

The electoral college just pisses me off, but this time Bush actually won so that doesn't even enter into it.

Just for Northern Viking, some other things that are democracy:
Sending laywers to the polls to stop black people from voting
Voting to ban gay marriage, in other words attempting to legalize organized mass discrimination

The thing about this system is, it only works when it has a strong foundation(which we almost do, but Bush hasn't bothered to follow any crazy hippie pinko commy bullshit like the U.S. Constitution, or you know, the law). And the people have make it work for them, instead of letting it push them around. People get all fucking cheery because a vote turned out seemingly legit, that doesn't mean that everything is going great. This whole country is a fucking joke. Over half of the voters care more about whether or not gays can marry than they do about the economy, healthcare, war, or any other real issue. Tom Thune got elected because he pledged to KILL MORE FUCKING PRAIRY DOGS. Or how about another republican that got elected in the south whose whole compaign revolved around stopping gay marriage and getting gay teachers out of schools.

After ALL the shit that Bush has done to ruin this country and destroy it's already not-so-loved name, every single pertinent issue was trumped by dude's kissing. People make me sick...

dilema1362 said:
im not so much ashamed to be an american as i am ashamed at the leadership of this country.
Yeah I suppose that's a better way to put it. Its just damn hard to be happy to be part of this country when you look at the people who are representing it now.

I just hope people around the world hate the administration, and not us little peons. Well, the good half anyway.

Sorry to break it to you but if we generalize americans.... well :err: ... Most my friends here would say something on the lines of stupid... fat... moron... idiot... redneck... pompous...etc.
You get the picture. Nothing personal I promise...:D

I dont think it matters who we elect because they dont actually control anything. Its all our big companies and CEOs running the show. Thats why America will never improve. But we should at least try and elect a president that wants to fix our country before going and helping others.

Trashdevil said:
Sorry to break it to you but if we generalize americans.... well :err: ... Most my friends here would say something on the lines of stupid... fat... moron... idiot... redneck... pompous...etc.
You get the picture. Nothing personal I promise...:D
Break it to me? I know how people feel about americans, what I said is that I hope they don't hate us for what the government does. Half of us don't agree with it.

I don't care how you generalize us. Americans do tend to be fat, stupid, lazy, obnoxious, etc. But don't hate those of us who aren't just because of the government we voted against.

iseesmurfs420 said:
I dont think it matters who we elect because they dont actually control anything. Its all our big companies and CEOs running the show. Thats why America will never improve. But we should at least try and elect a president that wants to fix our country before going and helping others.
You're almost right.

It matters a whole fucking lot, because the companies that Bush will push for or not the same ones Kerry would have supported. When you have guys like Bush in office the whole country could go to shit (which is has) and he doesn't care because his interests are not to help the country, but to help himself and his business partners.

iseesmurfs420 said:
thats not true at all. the president has a HUGE amount of influence. bush will have 3 maybe 4 appointed supreme court justices, he appoints his cabinet....of which im most concerned with the FCC head, Little Colin Powell. hes doing the exact opposite of what the fcc was designed for....fuckin aye

edit-and a lot more too, but now im all disgruntled