Blue October
Bullet For My Valentine
Hawthorne Heights
Hinder
Avril Lavigne
Good Charlotte
Cobra Starship

etc, etc, etc....

Bullet for my Valentine arent that bad. but yes... all of those other bands suck penis and i would never listen to them if that were possible, since every second song on the radio is one of them.

Mindless Self indulgence (A combination of techno, pop, punk and a whole lot of bullshit!)

How could I have forgotten about them? I remember looking for Punk bands hoping for good underground stuff. Mindless Self Indulgence was at the top. So I listened to them. I just sat there like "what the fuck". I couldn't believe the stuff I was hearing.

Nickelback - their instrumentals don't go with their singers voice. They have this one song called (I think) animals, its a pretty good song.
Hinder - When I first heard "lips of an angel" I thought, kinda good, could use a little work. But everyone was going fucking crazy, the song isn't that good.

Nickelback - it's recently been found that not only do they suck, but they rip their own songs off.

Theory Of A Deadman - They sound like Nickelback.

My Chemical Romance - "I hate emo music" - Gerard Way

Bullet For My Valentine - YEAA SHITASS VOCALS AND GENERIC RIFFS FTW

I can't really think of a definite fifth because so many come to mind, but these bands came close

Bleeding Through - They're SO bad and the only reason they're not up there is because the chick in the band is really hot:lol:

Metallica - I'm sorry but them being put to death would save their legacy...St.Anger was enough torture, we don't need a new album.

Yeah but what about Metallica, they were mainstream. In the 80's.

Not really, it was more glam and hair metal that was in during the 80s. The only Metallica album that got high on the charts in the 80s was '...And Justice For All' at #6 (which I found very surprising since it's their most complex work) but that doesn't count 'cause it's practically their best album...at least in my opinion haha.

"If Nirvana never existed, Metal would still be in the mainstream."

If Nirvana never existed, Id have wasted about 40 minutes less of my life. Listing to their album and 'giving them a chance' wtf was I thinking, I thought they were crap in the first place :rofl:

Lots of unsigned Experimental bands suck ass. They need to learn that Experimental isn't fucking around with effects and weird noises and making lyrics that make no sense, thats like throwing tons of random ingrediants into something and hoping it tastes good.

If it hadn't been Nirvana or grunge, it would've been someone or something else. Popular music preferences changes every few years. A genre becomes popular, then bands start doing that genre until eventually you get ones that are more style than substance and are basically copies of copies of other bands or artists, and metal is no exception. Right before Nirvana came along, there were some bands that were at least claimed to be "metal" that were getting airplay out the ass, such as Giant, Nelson, and Mr. Big, that had no substance at all. Hell, even Pat Boone did an album of metal coverss! Once the mainstream record industry gets a hold of a genre, they basically manipulate it and water it down until it has little resemblence to its original sound, which really survives in the more underground bands.

That is true, I think Grunge was so popular just because people were getting tired of Glam. Grunge after Nirvana was good but Grunge influenced Rock today I don't like, Nickelback for example. But it is true if Grunge never existed something else would've taken over. Grunge didn't last very long either, it still influences some bands but in the early 21st century Pop-Punk was making a rise. And now thats pretty much all there is in mainstream Rock. And Pop-Punk is dying too. I wonder what will happen next. I'm guessing the type of music that is sorta Emo with some Metal elements in it like Flyleaf, thats just a guess though.

Status
Not open for further replies.