5 String Bass Recommendation - < 400GBP pref

-Loco-

Knives.
Apr 17, 2009
I'm not a bass player, I need it for recording and also it would be useful for our bassist since his is battered to shit and isn't really usable for recording. It needs to be a 5 and be able to hold lows very well. I've been recommended the Schecter Hellraiser 5, i've had experience with their guitars and don't really like them. Anyone know any good deals going? Ideally I don't want to pay more than 400 GBP or 550 USD

go for harley n benton in thomann... "great" cheap bases. They work great for fast recording and preview takes, and even some serious work on metal and that way.
but if you want something more serious for usual playing, that's maybe not the best solution.

I've got a Cort B5 in black that is perfect for you, I got it last year just before I signed a deal with Warwick and only used it for one show. Other than that it's spent it's life in it's case. It's an amazing bass, I just prefer the bassball bat sized neck on my Corvette $$ to the slim taper on the Cort. It's got Bartolini p/ups and pre, swamp ash body and a wenge neck. Regards to holding lows well, I tune ADGCF and picked this bass specifically for it's ability to keep a solid low end all over the neck.

I am looking for £350 for it, they go for around £550 most places, if you're are interested then PM me.