5150 preamp line out + impulses

hellraiser85

Sep 1, 2007
Spain
www.myspace.com
This is my first post on this forum. Guitars are recorded with a peavey 5150 directly by the preamp output at very low volumen (post gain at 0,8), and I add GuitarHacks impulses to the recorded guitar tracks. I think it sounds realistic and full, but I have a doubt:

Might I use a T.A.D FANTA to be able to record with much higher post gain and without connect the TAD FANTA to anything (using it essentially like a load whitout danger to the 5150)???

---> preamp output ---> PC line in + Impulses
5150:
---> speaker output ---> TAD FANTA (used like a load)

Here is the link:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=790227

now that's a great IR tone... holy fuck.

care to share the processing involved?

Although the FANTA connects between the speaker outputs and the speakers, I don't think it acts as a load box. If it doesn't you will probably blow your amp.

could you post just the preamp out without the impulse file? Just one guitar track of it with nothing else. A riff, some chuggs and a lead would be cool. I would love to make a curve eq file of it.

Thanks for the opinions!

This is the setting of the 5150 and all the post-processing that I used:

Guitar: Schecter C/ with EMG's 707

5150 settings: hi gain imput, lead channel

pre gain: 5,5
low: 7
mids: 2
highs: 7
post gain: 0,8
resonance: 6
presence: 9

I recorded 4 guitars, panned two 100% L and R, and two 80%.

100% panned guitars have the impulse "GuitarHack JJ FRED45-1"

The other two guitars have another impulse that was posted in this forum called "Mesa 4x12 - SM57 Pres 8" from DSS3 Impulses (Mesa 4x12).

I attenuate the low-mids with Waves C4 (andy sneap setting)
low pass filter at 80 Hz and high pass filter at 12 KHz
Decrease a little abour 1 KHz (-1.5 dB).

I think that's all...:headbang:

Holy shit, even I haven't gotten my 5150 with impulses to sound that good (haven't tried much, just finally got a loadbox), and I made some of the ones you used!

I'm on vacation in OR right now, but if nobody posts them by the time I get back home, I'll re-upload them.