615 Cymbal Samples, from me to you

Erkan

mr-walker.bandcamp
Jun 16, 2008
Uppsala, Sweden
mr-walker.bandcamp.com
Yo yo yo!

Yesterday I spent a few hours sampling all the cymbals in my possession. Today I spent 9 fucking hours slicing them all up and now I'm sitting here with 615 cymbal samples and an immense goddamn head ache. Anyway, I figured this will be my contribution to this forum, so head on over to my link and pick whatever you want. Make sure to read the readme file in the rar-archives.

If MediaFire stops working for some reason, I'll find another place to upload, but let's hope nobody has trouble with it.

Erkan's Cymbal Pack

There is all kinds of cymbals. Crashes, Rides, Chinas, Hihat, Splashes and stuff. The most detailed samplings are on the rides and hihats, since they are the most delicate.

I also have a few drum samples if you're bored with your same old stuff. They can be found here:
Erkan's Drum Samples

I hope someone will create some cool drum patterns with these samples! Post back in here if you do! Please! And if you think I've done a great job and you really want to donate some cash so I can buy better gear, PM me haha! Yeaaarrrgh, me hearties, enjoy them samples.

dude, could you up all this packed up in one file?
next time i see you irl = hj!

Hmm I'll see if MediaFire allows me to do that :)

Glad you guys like the samples! I think a lot of good stuff can be achieved with them, with some time and patience.

EDIT: Nope, I need to buy a freakin' PRO account on MediaFire to upload the whole pack in 1 archive. It's 426 mb large when it's packed together. I guess I could look for another place to upload, but don't have time right now so you'll just have to download them as they are, which shouldn't take that long. I did the same mouse movements for 9 hours yesterday when I sliced the 615 samples up man! Come on! :)

Hmm I'll see if MediaFire allows me to do that :)

Glad you guys like the samples! I think a lot of good stuff can be achieved with them, with some time and patience.

EDIT: Nope, I need to buy a freakin' PRO account on MediaFire to upload the whole pack in 1 archive. It's 426 mb large when it's packed together. I guess I could look for another place to upload, but don't have time right now so you'll just have to download them as they are, which shouldn't take that long. I did the same mouse movements for 9 hours yesterday when I sliced the 615 samples up man! Come on! :)

We have an FTP available. PM me.

Jeff

I PMed Jeff, I guess we can see one file containing everything on the FTP soon, as soon as I get the info to upload etc.

I'm glad you guys appreciate it, I don't think I would've sampled all this stuff if I didn't know about this forum :) I've learned a lot here so, a little payback is nice. Plus it's fun, I'll slowly build my own sound library, gonna sample more stuff later.

Thanks again man. You'll definitely get credit if these get used on any projects I work on.

Cheers for that! I'm really looking forward to hearing something from someone who is using these samples... I haven't tried myself, mostly because lack of time but also because I don't program drums a whole lot. I did skim through the sounds files and played them in rapid succession and it does sound kinda good... I'm very curious, need to hear some beats with this stuff soon.