6CA7 Tubes

stilllifer

Dec 11, 2008
Hey all. Wondering if anyone is using or has used a 6CA7 tube in any of their EL-34 amps? From what I have been hearing and seeing, this tube is aggressive, mean and down-right freakin' ballsy, specifically the EH 6CA7.
I'm itching to get a matched pair for my JCM900 - I bet a set would sound great in that amp...

Check out the sheer girth and powerful tone this guy gets (not high gain) - seems to really tighten up the bottom end... his 4x12 with Greenbacks definitely help!!!

Fuck I just love it!!! :headbang:

Cheers!

Geoff

Last edited by a moderator:
That's my experience with them. I just put a set of JJ's in a friends DSL. To my ears it was a great blend of the 6L6 and EL34. That nice middy compression of the EL34 with the bass clarity of the 6L6. I'm getting a set for myself to try in the Roadster.

That's my experience with them. I just put a set of JJ's in a friends DSL. To my ears it was a great blend of the 6L6 and EL34. That nice middy compression of the EL34 with the bass clarity of the 6L6. I'm getting a set for myself to try in the Roadster.

Yeah that's exactly it. The El-34's are just a little too "nice" but these 6CA7's have that great bite and aggressiveness with that compression and just sound great to my ears... Getting a matched pair ASAP!!!