7 strings of dogcheese

Originally posted by Dragonlord

the production of dnb??we had a whole thread about that.the production of DHIADW is,at least technically,the best NVM ever had.

Not imo. The lyrics and riffs are crystal clear. You can truly hear every symbol crash, progression, etc. The production also brings out the concepts of one of the best concept albums of all time quite nicely (for example, the intro colliding into Beyond within). DNB flows better than any Nevermore album and that is in part due to the production imo.

L8rs,
DavE

Maybe Warrel likes to hunt more, then being catched :loco:
BTW, i don't mind if Jeff will use the 7-string or not, as long as it's Nevermore, i'll buy it!!!!

xxx Iris xxx

P.S.#DNB, it's been a long time since i saw you there, Warrel!

I think Ol Jeff should mix it up a little, with the 6 string being the dominate. ANd I also think he should stay away from intro riffs like the one on Narco, I like the song overall, but I hate that nu metal intro riff.

You should stay with the 7 strings for SURE. But speed everything up to Reign In Blood like speeds and do lots of Tom Arayaish screaming just because it would sound cool :D

If you dont do that, then you could always do simple one finger dropped tuning riffs and bitch about your childhood, apparently that sells well :D (Yes, before anyone asks im taking the piss with this one ok???)

Also, go sign my journal WD and post here so I know it was you, even if you just say for me to go fuck myself, thats ok, ive already had the mighty Dungeon sign it, one of Australias best metal bands. Now im working on the best international metal bands. And Nevermore. ;)

I think you should have a mix, 7 strings sound cool on the slower paced songs, like the Heart Collector, but when it comes to fast, complex songs, like the 7 Tounges of God or 42147, the six string sound is much better sounding.

I think Ol Jeff should mix it up a little, with the 6 string being the dominate. ANd I also think he should stay away from intro riffs like the one on Narco, I like the song overall, but I hate that nu metal intro riff.

Ledmag! You've seen the light!

I've been shot-down so many times for saying that. It's a good song, but the intro should have been played on the last korn album...

I've always said that if you want to hear seven strings used properly, listen to Nevermore.

this is what i said to a nu.metal guy adn yes even he noticed that jeff can play guitar (he's a numetali still...lol..). well... enjoy the old 6-string stuff more than the 7string stuff but wouldn't like to miss evolution 169. get a fair mix!

I think that many ppl judge the 7-string by DHIADW...if they don't like DH that much,they prefer 6-string.Well it's not that big deal,anything you can compose on six-strings you can also compose it on 7-strings,you just get a few lower notes that add even more heaviness.And it's also not 7-strings=nu metal.

>And it's also not 7-strings=nu >metal.

I agree, it's not the number of strings you use (I never heard any NuMetal aspects in Dream Theater's music though Mr. P. uses seven-strings on some of their songs).

And I never understood why people say that there are NuMetal aspects on DHIADW, at least I never found them...

I think you should definetely stick with the seven string, Jeff plays the 7 string how it should be, and its suites great.

Alot of these nu metal bands use seven strings and they only play the 3 of them, whats the point, just tune a six string down.

It sounds heavier and you can still have the option of the 6 other strings. It has been a big influence and i dont think you should give it up.

THere is 'nu-metal' elements on Formulus Fatal to the Flesh too. (I don't mean hip-hip. ha ha. I'll post again when i find what i am refering to on the CD...)

I love the album, and i love morbid angel, but it is evident (don't get me wrong, there is some awesome guitaring, and alot of it, but there is also a couple of simple-deepstring riffs off BOTH FFTTF and Gateways...

I think that 7-string guitars DO have a bearing on what kind of music you play. There is always that temptation to play only two notes.... (such as the intro of narco)

Anyone up to a debate on the style change with Morbid angel as of late? I don't think we've had that one before...!