800 to spend??

broken81

Used by Protools
Dec 26, 2005
Detroit, MI
OK i just sold my digi001 and some other gear for 800.00 and was planing on just buying a digi002 but i only have a behringer ada8000 for mic pre's and started tossing around the idea of buying a digi001 again and maybe a good mic pre??

I just really need to be able to run protools and have enough inputs and stuff for tracking drums and stuff!!

Maybe some idea's of gear would be great as I'm caught in the middle of what i wanna do :loco:

By the best one thing you can afford instead of a few minor things. You will be much happier in the long run.

are 8 tracks enuogh for you to track drums?
I'd buy 2 RME multifaces, so you'd have 16 I/O and killer quality converters.

oh.....right.....slowtools.....
yepp, that's limiting your options.......
then I'd buy a used 001 or so and 1 multiface, cascade those to have your 16 I/O and that stupid slowtools hardware.

LSD-Studio said:
, cascade those to have your 16 I/O and that stupid slowtools hardware.

I tryed to goole and ebay this cascade thing and only seen a pci card??

please explain more about this and how i can use with protools??

broken81 said:
I tryed to goole and ebay this cascade thing and only seen a pci card??

please explain more about this and how i can use with protools??

i'm not totally sure about PT, but usually you should just have to connect them digitally. so just connect the 001 with your computer via firewire and with another interface via optical cable.
so both should cascade to 16 I/O total.

I haven't tried that with the 001 but with some other interfaces and never had any problems that way.
I'm gonna connect my multiface and fireface with a 002 next week, so it better works! :)