A bill would jail Internet song swappers

Opet

in my den of inequity
May 1, 2001
RI, USA
Yeah, they really don't like use sharing music online. Read for yourself at CNN online here.

So, when do ya want to meet up so we can plan the murder of these here fine folks? :Smug: I'll say what I said the first time I read it. Artists online will most likely offer more downloads online if it did happen and MP3.com sites would be VERY popular. It just seems like something that's way too far out of hand to start telling people "no" now. Ya know?

I read a few comments from where this originally came to my attention. One was along the lines of music actually being purchases "more than ever" from the heaviest of downloaders. Naturally. I mean, isn't that why it was started to being with? To help sell more CDs?

Opet said:
Yeah, they really don't like use sharing music online. Read for yourself at CNN online here.

So, when do ya want to meet up so we can plan the murder of these here fine folks? :Smug: I'll say what I said the first time I read it. Artists online will most likely offer more downloads online if it did happen and MP3.com sites would be VERY popular. It just seems like something that's way too far out of hand to start telling people "no" now. Ya know?

It's very simple. And it always has been.

Record labels enter into exclusive distribution deals with bands.

It is the right, and the responsibility, of record labels to stop any distribution outside of their signed deal with the band.

Music is not free unless those who own the rights to the music says it is. Period, end of debate.

And because of this downloading issue and people insisting on taking things that are not theirs to take, the idea of private property and privacy is going to change. Prediction: In the next ten years, any computer connected to the internet is going to be considered a public place, much like a restaurant or shopping mall. Privately owned, but wit no rights to deny access to authorities.

thebigyetti said:
right now theyre only going for the people that share a lot(thousands and thousands)

I'm honestly shitting myself... ive got like every fucking sharing program in existance installed on my computer......ive been uploading, downloading, and trading a good 80 gigs worth of shit every day for about a year now....

So all fucking day long ive been busy firewalling my comp to hell, uninstalling programs (except for teh hub), and ive deleted at least half of my files.