A chance to laugh at my misfortune!

Oct 2, 2004
New Jersey
www.myspace.com
So i get home from work today, and i live in a college town (being a student myself) with 6 roommates. My roommates and i often get a lot of junk mail, which usually gets ripped up or thrown away. So I grab the mail, walk into my room, and begin sifting through all (or so i thought) the garbage. I usually rip up junk mail, as it sometimes contains personal information. Well, i come across a plain white envelope with a return address in Virginia. As i rip the envelope in half, and then again in fours, i notice a ticket fall out. I reach down, and lo and behold its my 3 tickets for DT at the troc. FUCK. Now the question is, if i tape them up, will they still work considering the barcode is intact? or should i call ticketmaster and have them replaced. I feel very foolish right now :erk:

hahahahahaha oh my God. I could have done that ! Hahahaha I'm laughing but I understand this must be so...frustrating! Try something with Ticketmaster... hopefully you won't have to buy another ticket! Good Luck! :D

Well, you are a fool indeed. If you expect to receive something like that in mail, tearing envelopes into pieces is really the best thing to do! I know, this wasnt really helpful, but still...

It shouldnt be so difficult to get the tickets replaced though, if you present all the pieces.
It's not like the concert has already begun and you're trying to sneak another mate in or something.

Oh fuck :OMG: :heh: :lol:

Well, 2-3 weeks before seeing DT for a second time I slipped on black ice and fractured my right knee. Nothing as daft as ripping up tickets though.

This is so frustrating...

Don't despair, dude, you'll get there without a problems even while the barcodes are intact!

Anyway be more attentive next time you'll be sifting through your "junk-mail"
Have a good time on DT show!

:OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :erk:
what if you call them and say that you didnt receive the ticket? just imagine if you didnt see the ticket at all and just threw it away.... whats the difference?
otherwise i guess they wont accept your ticket at the venue because anyway its torn!!! :erk:
hope everything will b fine!!! :wave:

:OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :erk:
what if you call them and say that you didnt receive the ticket? just imagine if you didnt see the ticket at all and just threw it away.... whats the difference?
otherwise i guess they wont accept your ticket at the venue because anyway its torn!!! :erk:
hope everything will b fine!!! :wave:

i was thinking of doing that actually haha, just pretend like i never got them... thanks for the words of advice though everyone, hopefully i'll see you in philly!

i was thinking of doing that actually haha, just pretend like i never got them... thanks for the words of advice though everyone, hopefully i'll see you in philly!

No, don't do that. Just phone them and tell them exactly what happened, and if you have the ticket numbers and barcode numbers, you can prove that you got them and you're not just trying to scam them, and maybe they'll replace them for you.

No, don't do that. Just phone them and tell them exactly what happened, and if you have the ticket numbers and barcode numbers, you can prove that you got them and you're not just trying to scam them, and maybe they'll replace them for you.

you see, unfortunately most company say that they are not responsible for loss or damage of tickets and they will clearly say that "checking mail before tearing it" :loco: :ill: :err: :p its your responsability not theirs!!! :Smug: i know it sounds nasty to pretend you havent receive them but at the end of the day you are not stealing anything, just asking for another piece of paper!
and i mean its for DT not for "just a gig"! :headbang:

yes, best idea so far. Maybe it´s even possible to talk to someone real in an office instead of over the phone, then it might go easier. You might not have to explain the details of why that happened ("I was so stupid that I ripped up my mail without even checking" :D ), just that something went wrong. Also, a possibillity that has not been mentioned yet is, that you don´t need to set up a big show, they probably replace them if you ask really nicely and say there´s been a mishap and maybe you´ll have to pay a small fee for the extra expenses and trouble, but should be no big deal. I think you have a good ground because you have the original tickets (and the receipt I hope) with the barcodes and all, just in broken form.

Of course the company is not obliged to replace tickets that way, but as I said, be very nice and offer to pay a fee for postage and printing and such; I mean you didn´t commit a crime or anything.

It would be much more complicated to explain pieces of tickets at the door of the venue, because it is usually very hectic there.

Umm........I hate to be the bearer of the obvious, but.............

Don't you have any scotch tape?

Trust me, they'll take it taped up. If I can go spend a U.S. 100 dollar bill that's been taped up, you're damn skippy ticketmaster will take it.

Wow. That's just... hilarious, yet utterly devestating at the same time. I'd ridicule you some more but destroying DT tickets is no laughing matter.

I will stop by the Troc this week and ask if they would accept those stubs, just out of curiosity :)