A circle pit in 2011!!

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
Warrel's going to call for it! Glenn has to let ONE happen.

please note Warrel also says "don't hurt the old people!" as well. plus if we do it old school style nobody will get hurt and everyone will have fun. nothing like running in a circle that will bring a smile to everyone's face. so either this song or when they do "Termination Force" we have to make it happen! plus, since most of us will be winded 30 seconds in it won't even last that long. hahaha.

who is with me?!? old (dude) school is back at PP in 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!! I can't wait for Sanctuary to play!!! It's going to be like 1988 all over again when I saw them opening for Megadeth and Warlock at Center Stage....Good Luck Glenn avoiding the Mosh Pit

Not to thread crap or anything but when does someone in a band have to tell people to form a mosh pit...let the music tell us, why dont ya...

Why is it such a big deal to you? If he told you "I want to see all you guys having fun" would you bitch about that too?

actually no. Back in the 80's it was just something that happened at shows when a great song was being played. I always cringe when I see bands asking for a pit at shows. It is something you earn as a band.

that is laughable, my friend. as a current front man there are plenty of shows and crowds where people WANT to dance and circle pit, but because there is a tension in the crowd it doesn't happen. all it takes is a tiny bit of suggestion and the place erupts into a frenzy. i am pretty sure the band has EARNED the audiences' respect already if people are inside the building and bought a ticket. i am not talking about openers but headliners, naturally. Sanctuary is a headliner and even Warrel called for it since i am sure people were slightly reserved as it would be at PP and a circle pit broke out in good fun.

i mean do you still stand with your back turned and give openers the finger if you don't like them? haha. ;)

I always cringe when I see bands asking for a pit at shows. It is something you earn as a band.

No, it's not. As a matter of fact, a lot of fans get pumped when the band asks them for it.

Plus, even if your crazy suggestion were to be true, Warrel/Sanctuary have most definitely earned it by now.

actually no. Back in the 80's it was just something that happened at shows when a great song was being played. I always cringe when I see bands asking for a pit at shows. It is something you earn as a band.

Do you mean like when they say stuff like this?

"I want to see some movement for this one!!!"
"I want to see you all kicking each others' asses!!!"

Do you mean like when they say stuff like this?

"I want to see some movement for this one!!!"
"I want to see you all kicking each others' asses!!!"

yes, to me it is so lame and pathetic. The worst is when it is the openers and they have like 10 people watching and usually like 3 of thier dorky freinds just start running into each other basically making anyone who was watching them move to the back so they dont get smashed into.

there are lots of bands that pits and crazynessjust happens due to the energy of the band. That is cool. It is when you are begging for people to do stuff to your music when it becomes lame. You never have to go to a DRI show and wait for them to ask "hey, can you guys get crazy for us?"

The worst is when it is the openers and they have like 10 people watching and usually like 3 of thier dorky freinds just start running into each other basically making anyone who was watching them move to the back so they dont get smashed into.

This X 100.

This is the worst case of it when it is a band that goes to any length to get a cheap pop from the crowd. As Bob said, it usually ends up being 10 scenester hot topic kids that are excited to partake so they can go to school the next day and say they were in a "mosh pit"

Metalcore to me is today's guiltiest party of this.
I have seen Lamb of God, Shai Hulud (Sp?), Bleeding Through, etc, etc ask the crowd to "go nuts".

Maybe things are simply more reserved these days.
Back in the day, no band ever had to ask the crowd to start a pit.

Any SLAYER gig began with a quarter of the crowd lining up arm in arm in the back of the floor to start the Wall of Death procession.

I think in the case of Sanctuary, the crowd was probably mostly old farts like us who deep down have no interest (or energy!) to partake in such tomfoolery! :lol: