A circle pit in 2011!!

During most Nevermore shows, Warrel will often yell, "Push somebody". He'll also often invite people to stage dive.

As for Lamb of God instructing the audience to do that, that might have been because Hellfest is in France, and I don't believe all cultures mosh at shows. However, I may be wrong on both points. And not for nothing, but Lamb of God slays live.

Heh yeah, different Hellfest. This one was in NY and was hardcore/metalcore mecca.

SICK OF IT ALL 7" 1987. not really sure how NYHC can be mentioned and how SOIA not considered a HUGE part of it. Sure not Agnostic Front, but right there at the origins of when the scene really began to explode.

SOIATrade10.JPG

SOIATrade11.JPG

Heh, speaking of NYHC...Cro-Mags are doing their first show here in well over a decade next month. Craig from SOIA plays bass for them these days. Can't wait. Good support, too...Kids Like Us, True Life, Primate (Kevin Sharp from Brutal Truth and Bill Kelliher from Mastodon) and Nightwolf. Tiny venue. Stagedives will be had.

As for Lamb of God instructing the audience to do that, that might have been because Hellfest is in France, and I don't believe all cultures mosh at shows. However, I may be wrong on both points. And not for nothing, but Lamb of God slays live.

Upstate New York, Syracuse Fairgrounds (or whatever little town next to Syracuse is) to be exact. was loyal vendor and attendee since it's second incarnation.

please note LOG saying they did it at NEH&M Fest, which means this show was once again where they were first trying it out. they were still big on the hardcore scene due to their roots as BURN THE PRIEST.

During most Nevermore shows, Warrel will often yell, "Push somebody". He'll also often invite people to stage dive.

Different Hellfest. French Hellfest wasn't even around when this one was taking place.

Upstate New York, Syracuse Fairgrounds (or whatever little town next to Syracuse is) to be exact. was loyal vendor and attendee since it's second incarnation.

please note LOG saying they did it at NEH&M Fest, which means this show was once again where they were first trying it out. they were still big on the hardcore scene due to their roots as BURN THE PRIEST.

God damn, I miss these days. They were politically charged and had nuts and didn't worship Pantera and weren't afraid of anything.

Also on another note, I love how this thread has turned into an hxc thread. Converge for the next PPUSA amirite guis? :lol:

WARZONE!! don't forget the struggle, don't forget the streets!! totally jammed that while walking the other night.

I got threatened by Raybies and his crew in Chicago. I asked to videotape them because that is what I used to do and he had a few guys come over and tell me if I didnt send the tape that these guys who knew what I looked like would beat me up. I was always good with hooking up the bands of the stuff I taped. He was an ass and he died a few years later.

I still have all my original Revalation Record 7" EP's from Side By Side to Gorilla Biscuits to SOIA to Youth of Today to No Use For A Name and all the others.

crowd surfing is possibly one of the dumbest things ever and far more annoying than circle pits. you at least know where the circle pit is and can avoid it until it's over. plus how annoying is worrying more about getting hit in the head by a person's boot than watching the show?! or worse yet, people on the crowd somehow attempting to attain the same glory of the band gracing the stage?! hahahaha. i am usually all for dropping crowd surfers because then next time maybe they won't do it.

how it went from stage diving to crowd surfing is beyond me.

I have to completely agree with you here. Crowd surfing is obnoxious. Ironically, the worst of it was when I was at an Amon Amarth show where it was constant and you kept getting hit in the head. Even worse, a friend of mine once went to a Lamb of God show and had to go to the hospital due to some wanker who wanted to crowd surf wearing steel toed shoes.

As for pits go, I can take them or leave them. It depends on what show and how the people in the pit are acting. If they just want to do their own pit and are not seriously bothering people's space I'm cool with that. What bothers me is when people try to throw you in when you are least expecting it.

Are Amon amarth considered death metal?

Uhh, yeah. They're basically viking death metal. They have much more in common with death metal than when people try to put them in the Pagan genre. The only difference is their themes are about vikings, but musically they're pretty much melodic death metal.

I have to completely agree with you hear. Crowd surfing is obnoxious. Ironically, the worst of it was when I was at an Amon Amarth show where it was constant and you kept getting hit in the head. Even worse, a friend of mine once went to a Lamb of God show and had to go to the hospital due to some wanker who wanted to crowd surf wearing steel toed shoes.

As for pits go, I can take them or leave them. It depends on what show and how the people in the pit are acting. If they just want to do their own pit and are not seriously bothering people's space I'm cool with that. What bothers me is when people try to throw you in when you are least expecting it.

I love pushing people into the pit when they are not paying attention. It always gets a big laugh. I will never forget. My brother used to be in a punk band and they were playing the old Bottom Lounge and my family came out to see the show. My dad bought his friend to show off his son playing in a band. A big pit broke out and my dad pushed his freind who was like in his late 50's into the pit. It was hilarious. Almost as bad as at the same show when my dad was all proud of his son up on stage he turned to this girl standing next to him after my brother finished a solo and my dad goes to her...."that's my boy"....she said, "you do know he is a moron". it was great.

I love pushing people into the pit when they are not paying attention. It always gets a big laugh. I will never forget. My brother used to be in a punk band and they were playing the old Bottom Lounge and my family came out to see the show. My dad bought his friend to show off his son playing in a band. A big pit broke out and my dad pushed his freind who was like in his late 50's into the pit. It was hilarious. Almost as bad as at the same show when my dad was all proud of his son up on stage he turned to this girl standing next to him after my brother finished a solo and my dad goes to her...."that's my boy"....she said, "you do know he is a moron". it was great.

Seriously sounds like an awesome dad. Did your brother's band ever make it?