A Fine Day To Exit versus A Natural Disaster

Which one touched you more?

• A Fine Day To Exit

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • A Natural Disaster

Votes: 30 52.6%

• Total voters
i will not compare 2 albums which is better and which i like more cause they are diffrent in many ways... and i will not vote =]
now i am listening to AND but maybe in the evening i will want to listen to AFDTE... :]

why? think not only women voted for the poll (the 50% I said was the result at that time, not that I can't choose). and the reason why I can't really choose is quite subjective and not your business :yuk:

I wasn't talking only about you.

Non arrabbiarti figlia della luna.
You're right that's not my business, but i didn't ask you to tell me your reasons either.
Thanks for your friendly behaviour and your capacity to accept small unsignificant critics...it was more a joke:Smug:

flebbie said:

My vote goes to AFDTE just because of the unity and the special feeling this album gives me. You know this album really got me through a shitty period in my life. I was too much on my own, smoking weed, living the life of a plant, feeling guilty about it and at the same time don’t do a fuck about it. The lyrics touched me deep. Parts like: “You gotta face it head on
so you can turn this thing around cause this ain’t right” It really felt like it was about me and it touched me deeply. I knew had to go eye to eye, I knew it wasn’t right, I knew it was the only way, but I was afraid to change things, afraid to fail. This album made me think about things I had to do, confront people, confront myself. I’m not gonna say I wouldn’t have done it without this album, but it really helped pushing me over some borders.

man, well said... afdte got me through some shit too... it's in my top 3 greatest albums ever... i think temporary peace might be the best song ever written.

Loona said:
sorry for that
it's just like me, that I don't really like jokes like these and can't see the difference between these and serious things. it's not your fault...
No seriously sorry for offending you it was not on purpose.
I can't make a choice between the 2 albums neither so it was more a non-funny joke.
Forgiven?:saint: :D

A Natural Disaster.

I have absolutely no doubt about putting that album above AFDTE. To me AND is much more inperspectively written, and is more about reflecting what direction your life is taking and what dangers that come with such meandering. All this would be nothing without good music ofcourse, and i feel a certain flow within the album that enhances the feeling i get when reading the lyrics.
It explodes at the right time (pulled under) after some interesting songs (music+lyrics) and after the explosion the pieces fall back together, only to explode again in the end, only now in a more serene way.

I can't have these kind of thoughts with AFDTE, to me that's more something like disconnected songs. And as you could have noticed, i find it a bit important to be able to have those kind of thoughts with the music that i play.

i like AND better. moreover, i think that AND is the best anathema album so far. i totally agree with some1 saying are you there and flying are perhaps the most important anathema songs to date. the rawness /yet the clarity/ of the production and the best lyrics danny has written really gave us the album of highest quality. the only track i didn't particulary like is the opener.. closer is very important for anathema, directing them into the postrock way on the subtle level.

i expect from the next anathema album to be even better.

For me, these 2 albums are great, but none of them reaches Judgement.

Judgement is so rich, every song flows in the next one, there s a lot of unity, but in the same time, it is diversified. You have 3 different parts : From Deep to Destiny is Dead for example for the first part.

It's really a masterpiece. AND is great and makes me think more of Eternity, mainly because of the keyboards sounds. It's a pity the production is so poor, compared to the magnificience of Judgement and AFDTE.

A Leaf said:
siderea, whitesnake???
girls love hair metal that's why.

yeah yeah sorry i don't know whitesnake

though i'll experience europe life on saturday

ten! nine! eight! seven! six! five! four! three! two! (almost forgot) one!

:headbang: