A Good Guide For A Floyd Rose?

Dec 8, 2005
I need a good guide on how to tune, adjust, and string a Floyd Rose. Any suggestions? (I already tried Google, all the guides suck):erk:

xshadowsoulsx said:
everybody has their own way pretty much...does anybody know what it means if a floyd rose squeeks when it is used?
it means your using it right?....

xshadowsoulsx said:
everybody has their own way pretty much
I heard there is a way that you just put your strings in backwards and then lock it in the bridge, but I need a good guide to it.

oh, well you can if the strings arent thinner at the end, then you could wrap it around the tip, or cut of the ball part and string it like normal, then you have to pull the stirngs to loosen them, and keep tuning them over and over (that part is a bitch) finally put the locking things on and fine tune it...that should be it, even though its a little harder than it sounds if your not used to it.

Bodom After Breakfast said:
I need a good guide on how to tune, adjust, and string a Floyd Rose. Any suggestions? (I already tried Google, all the guides suck):erk:

Go to guitar center or whatever and pay someone a few bucks to teach you how, learning in person is your best bet.

To avoid making another thread, If you switch string brands, but keep the same guage, will it mess up the trem at all?

To avoid making another thread, If you switch string brands, but keep the same guage, will it mess up the trem at all?
uhhh..... string brands dont change the size so no

bodom-bro said:
uhhh..... string brands dont change the size so no
Like I have XL D-Addarios .10-.46. I might want to try out DR to see if they are any good. But does the XL on the D'Addarios make them bigger?

Like I have XL D-Addarios .10-.46. I might want to try out DR to see if they are any good. But does the XL on the D'Addarios make them bigger?

If you buy DR coated strings, there is a .0003 inch coating on them, so they're slightly thicker. And you may feel the difference. I actually felt a big differeence right away and was under the impression in my drunking stringing I had strung my guitar with frankfurters. :(

(fuck, I need to learn how to proofread)