Changing strings on a Floyd Rose

Emanuele

Jun 6, 2004
Viterbo, Italy
Hi!
I guess if there is a good guide about how to change strings on a Licensed Floyd Rose bridge.
For "changing" i mean after having removed all the strings, not one by one.

Thanks in advance! :hotjump:

Thraxz said:
Did you mean springs or something? I'm not quite following you.

I mean removing the old strings from my guitar and putting in the new ones.
I'm afraid of having troubles with my Floyd Rose bridge. Sorry for my awful English :ill:

Very simple.
(I don't think you need this part but I'll say it anyhow) First, you loosen the strings to the point that they have no tension.

Second, you'll unscrew the little bolts which are pointing down the neck of the guitar until the strings can be slipped right out. (Be careful not to drop out the little metal "lock" that holds the string in place.)

Third, you'll have to cut off the little, "button," on the string and insert the end back into the slot where the old string came out of and retighten the bolt. (Repeat for each string.)

I hope that helps.

http://www.floydrose.com/originaltremolo.html <--- that might be better.

Perfect! It's Ok. But what about tuning? When you tune a string, others change their tune... (this is why people remove strings one by one...) I'll have to spend a lot of time at this point :ill:I'll look at the official link. Thanks again!

In terms of having the string tuning change, I've found that loosening all the strings and then sticking a wedge in the back of the floyd so it cannot bend up, tuning up, equalizing the tension by tightening the springs, and then removing the wedge eliminates that problem for the most part

SyXified said:
In terms of having the string tuning change, I've found that loosening all the strings and then sticking a wedge in the back of the floyd so it cannot bend up, tuning up, equalizing the tension by tightening the springs, and then removing the wedge eliminates that problem for the most part

I do this too. People wonder why I have a deck of cards in my guitar case ;)

Yeah, the only downfall in the Floyd Rose is tuning it after a fresh set of strings or changing the tuning on it from like E to Eb or something. If you don't put anything under it, you can be tuning strings over and over for 5 minutes.