A guitar that dont sound or play good??!!

doclegion

Contagious Destruction
Dec 31, 2006
I jam with these cool guys but i played the guitar players guitar
and it only has a passive EMG bridge pickup no tone knob just volume and it plays bad and sounds rough and feels fake
Im gonna be recordin soon and he said thats what he records with
What sould i do?? :err:

Maybe get him to track with the other guitarist's guitar if there is one. More consistent tone and less intonation probablems this way too. If not then just get another guitar for him to use.

I gotta figure something out
Im trying to be serious when we record just to see where my skillz are at
and its gonna be hard if he aint sounding good
I hoping my POD will fix the tone a little

Or one of these:

ltd_alexi600.jpg

Never did know why Alexi has HZ's on all his signature models all the way up to the really expensive ESP ones. Who would waste their money and time on that shit.

Öwen;8150734 said:
Or one of these:

ltd_alexi600.jpg

Never did know why Alexi has HZ's on all his signature models all the way up to the really expensive ESP ones. Who would waste their money and time on that shit.

He has them on all the models because that's what he uses, I don't mean to sound like a dick, but I don't see the problem......they fit his sound, they're not mega shitty pickups (see Tempo Of The Damned).

If you're spending into the thousands on a guitar you expect a pickup that is at delivers an above average sound. They're not mega shitty, but they're not good either.

I'd understand your point if you had a high end ESP that wasn't a signature model that had HZ's instead of 81/85's, but if you're buying a signature model, you expect it to be the same specs as the artist uses.

I'd understand your point if you had a high end ESP that wasn't a signature model that had HZ's instead of 81/85's, but if you're buying a signature model, you expect it to be the same specs as the artist uses.

Yup, agreed, hence the term "signature!" ;)

that vid was of a devrie custom... go on ss.org to learn more, the guy is like the aussie ed roman.

...except Ed Roman actually has talent ;) (and a fuckload of it I might add, both at building guitars and being a shithead!)