A-ha

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
Any A-ha fans out there?

I've recently been exploring some of their newer material via youtube.

Sadly, here in the U.S. A-ha is regarded as just another one-hit-wonder from the 1980s (even the U.S. hit "The Sun Always Shines On T.V." seems to be forgotten). "Take On Me" is an amazing tune... but A-ha has had a long career featuring sustained commercial and critical success worldwide.

What I find interesting about A-ha is that they seem to be one of those rare groups who gets better in their later years... they seem to be continually evolving, exploring and improving their songcraft.

I'm really enjoying their new single... "Foot of the Mountain"... what a fresh sound. I think I'm going to get their four albums from this decade... but unfortunately I don't believe they've ever been released in the U.S.... so I'll have to go the import route. Oh well... sometimes it feels kinda good knowing you're one of the only people in the U.S. who's enjoying such awesome music from another land.

I liked their hits back in the day, just watched the video for the new one (Foot of the Mountain). I had no idea they were still around. I really liked the tune! Very modern pop sound and a great tune (weird ending to the video!?).

A-ha is probably the only pop band that I love.
Seriously. Their music is amazing!
I used to hear when I was really young and the old songs bring back memories. The new material is awesome, too.