A Haul

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Scum of the Earth-Blah, Blah, Blah...:yuk:
Jorn-Out to Every Nation(they added the country's flag to each nation, where it was issued)
Annihilator-All for You
Meshuggah-"I" a one track 20 min. E.P.!!!!!!:err:
UDO-Thunderball
Cradle of Filth-Nymphetamine

The only one that I have given a spin to is Scum, it's terrible, like a 3rd rate Rob Zombie... It was the most painful 37 minutes I can recall in a while....
And also recently acquired:

Twisted Sister-Still Hungry(see thread, There will be a review of this on a site soon. It was major fun.:erk: )
Black Label Society-Dvd(Haven't seen this yet)
Alice Cooper-The Eyes of Alice Cooper( what a load of regeritated Nu-Metal riffage that is!:yuk: )

Recently I got Black Label Society's Hangover Volume Vol VI and I found it bland just like their previous album The Blessed Hellride. Zakk Wylde did a much better job before on albums like Sonic Brew and Stronger Than Death. I am disappointed.

sixxswine said:
Jorn-Out to Every Nation(they added the country's flag to each nation, where it was issued)
Alice Cooper-The Eyes of Alice Cooper( what a load of regeritated Nu-Metal riffage that is!:yuk: )
Alright get your gloves kiddo! The last AC album is maybe his best in years, there's nothing remotely close to mallcore in that album. The album structured with 2 guitars, bass, drums is a return to the classic Alice style of the 70's but of course with a different production and sound direction (but this doesn't make it mallcore). There's much more mallcore vibe in his last two previous albums, and even so Alice is clever and mature enough not to follow those trendy clowns and put his own mark.
But TEOAC is a fantastic album, 'Man Of The Year', 'This House Is Haunted', 'Detroit City' (with the MC5 guitar on board), 'I'm So Angry' are typical Coop songs with his wonderful tongue-in-cheek humor lyrics.

Jorn album (I got the good one with the Norwegian flag :D ) is his weakest so far, I'm not very convinced with it compared to "Worldchanger", still is a good album, with interesting songs, but nothing to die for.

Wyvern, I still don't like the Alice record. He's trying to hard to keep up with the garage bands & shouldn't stoop to that level.
The Jorn record is good, he's got a decent band.
The songs are a bit on the bland side, he's a excellent vocalist, reminds me of a cross between Coverdale & Glen Hughes...
Killer choruses.

sixxswine said:
Wyvern, I still don't like the Alice record. He's trying to hard to keep up with the garage bands & shouldn't stoop to that level.
This is a clear case of two parts that will not reach an agreement (see you in court sugar :lol: )

To my ears there's nothing of garage or mallcore or alternative in Alice new album, to me is the closest thing to a return to the great 70's album. The Coop is so pure that even when he compromise and get more mainstream (like "Rise Your Fist And Yell", "Thrash" and "Brutal Planet") he still delivers his own branding mark.

But this is the greatness of life, difference and disagreements that will not spill blood ;) ... I wish the rest of the world will found a way to settle disagreements the same way :erk:

sixxswine said:
Scum of the Earth-Blah, Blah, Blah...:yuk:
Don't know them. Seeing your reaction I should be glad :)

sixxswine said:
I like this one. He's one of my favorite singers. Although I like him more with Masterplan ande ARK. The song writing on his solo albums is not that strong. At least thats what I think. But he has some of the omst powerful pipes I ever heard! :headbang:

sixxswine said:
Annihilator-All for You
Good album, but I liked "Criteria of a Black Widow", "Carnaval Diablos", "Waking the Fury" and Double Live Annihilation" way better. Still a damn good thrash album!

sixxswine said:
Meshuggah-"I" a one track 20 min. E.P.!!!!!!:err:
I have not heard this one yet. but I am sure it will kill!!

sixxswine said:
UDO-Thunderbal
Heard it, but it is not my style.

sixxswine said:
Cradle of Filth-Nymphetamine
Killer album!! Their best since years! Essential buy for those who are into this band!!

sixxswine said:
The only one that I have given a spin to is Scum, it's terrible, like a 3rd rate Rob Zombie... It was the most painful 37 minutes I can recall in a while....
That's bad 6 it's always suck whenyou spend your money on what turn out to be crap!

sixxswine said:
And also recently acquired:

Twisted Sister-Still Hungry(see thread, There will be a review of this on a site soon. It was major fun.:erk: )
Black Label Society-Dvd(Haven't seen this yet)
Well, keep us informed 6! Rock on man!! :wave:

sixxswine said:
Annihilator-All for You

You're calling that Alice Cooper album mallcore?

This is probably Annihilator's worst album, and they've had their fair share of stinkers. It's a shame really, since Waking the Fury was pretty good. Listen to tracks like "The One" and "All For You" and prepare to ask yourself "WHAT THE FUCK IS JEFF WATERS DOING?!"

Pyrus said:
I was surprised by how good that Nightwish album is. A lot closer to standard classic power metal, and the new backing singer is MUCH better than the old one, who was downright painful to listen to.

No shit? I listened to their earlier stuff, I don't think it's anything special. What classic PM could you compare this to?

Jean-Pierre said:
You're calling that Alice Cooper album mallcore?

This is probably Annihilator's worst album, and they've had their fair share of stinkers. It's a shame really, since Waking the Fury was pretty good. Listen to tracks like "The One" and "All For You" and prepare to ask yourself "WHAT THE FUCK IS JEFF WATERS DOING?!"
You are right. I said I bought the record, I didn't say I enjoyed it!
It isn't what I expected & I must admit that Jeff Waters, has the worst track record for keeping help, he has one up on Jon Schaffer!
I didn't like the vocals & like you said it was a bit on the "core" end of things.
I liked Carnival Diablos & Wake, I didn't like this one as much...:cry:

Pyrus said:
I was surprised by how good that Nightwish album is. A lot closer to standard classic power metal, and the new backing singer is MUCH better than the old one, who was downright painful to listen to.
Good?:OMG:
This forum is gettin funnier by the minute, the more I read the more I disagree with everyone :tickled:

a) Alice Cooper new album is great (pure return to the 70's vibe).
b) Nightwish new album is their worst (cheap Lacuna Coil copy with boring symphonics and the terrible vocals of Marco Hietala).
c) Angra new album is standard/average Euro power, nothing comparable to the good Matos era.

Am I missing one? :devil:

sixxswine said:
Yeah, you forgot the Keith Emerson disagreement!
I will agree that the Nightwish disc is a Lacuna Coil "lite" but it's not
horrible....
Well get in my shoes Sixx. I started with both LC and Nightwish from the beginning. I love both vocalists and I like bot their different musical approaches. I love Tarja operatics on the early albums and the absence of harsh male vocals. Oon the other hand I like the way that LC's Andrea Ferro vocals improved from the debut to "Comalies".

And now here I am where "Once" lost her operatics, the vocals of Marco Hietala are more prominent and harsher, and the symphonic/goth element replaced the power of 'Elvenpath', 'Know Why The Nightingale Sings', 'Sacrament Of Wilderness' or 'Crownless' (their best power song IMO). Also are gone the great ballads like 'Sleeping Sun' and 'Walking On The Air'.

Now here I am with a Nightwish that has lost their magic and a Lacuna Coil that will probably will sell out for the next album due to their success in radio and the Ozzpest.

Th way I see people here can praise "Once" 'til judgement day that I'll continue bashing it. I feel like the Metallica fans with "Load".:erk:

Wyvern said:
Well get in my shoes Sixx. I started with both LC and Nightwish from the beginning. I love both vocalists and I like bot their different musical approaches. I love Tarja operatics on the early albums and the absence of harsh male vocals. Oon the other hand I like the way that LC's Andrea Ferro vocals improved from the debut to "Comalies".

And now here I am where "Once" lost her operatics, the vocals of Marco Hietala are more prominent and harsher, and the symphonic/goth element replaced the power of 'Elvenpath', 'Know Why The Nightingale Sings', 'Sacrament Of Wilderness' or 'Crownless' (their best power song IMO). Also are gone the great ballads like 'Sleeping Sun' and 'Walking On The Air'.

Now here I am with a Nightwish that has lost their magic and a Lacuna Coil that will probably will sell out for the next album due to their success in radio and the Ozzpest.

Th way I see people here can praise "Once" 'til judgement day that I'll continue bashing it. I feel like the Metallica fans with "Load".:erk:
I see what you mean. I'm new to both bands, so I understand now.
I have seen this happen with some of my favorite bands. They tend to called it "growning" that all good, but when it changes the sound & dierction of the band dramaticly? I can see the "hardcore" or longtime fans point of view...
What Night wish discs from the past would you suggest?

sixxswine said:
I will listen to it tonght from start to finish.
I think Bryant also said some great things about this one.
So there's two, reliable sources on this one...

It ain't Accept by any means, but Udo still brings the noise. I like it.

Bryant