A question for Janne! and the others in CoB.

asphyXy said:
This is my dream setlist:

Needled 24/7
Hate Me!
Warheart
Lake Bodom
Triple Corpse Hammerblow
Silent Night, Bodom Night
You're Better off Dead
Towards Dead End
Touch Like Angel of Death
Kissing the Shadows
Every Time I Die
Downfall

Hey who are the two right people on your sig?

Fuck playing covers in concert. Bodom has waaaaaaay too many great songs to be playing covers in concert. The nail and towards dead end are the two songs i would want to hear live. And i was totally disappointed by something i heard on the Scythes of Bodom website. It was the quote of the week and it was alexi saying "i regret every lead i played on the something wild album, it sounded like some guy trying to be yngwie malmsteen". That shit is fucking brilliant and malmsteen wished he could pull that off.

Zarok666 said:
COB should make a poll for the fans where we can vote what songs they should play on their next tour. Many other bands did that, too. This would be something really great to hear some rare songs. Not a bad idea, isn't it? I just hope Janne reads it and thinks about it and maybe he talks about it with the other guys.

But generally it's upto the record company/tour company aswell as the band, so even if the band wanted to do it it's doubtful that the record company/tour company would

LazyGuitar said:
But generally it's upto the record company/tour company aswell as the band, so even if the band wanted to do it it's doubtful that the record company/tour company would
Haha. I'm sure the band can play whatever they want.

EndlessWhore said:
Fuck playing covers in concert. Bodom has waaaaaaay too many great songs to be playing covers in concert. The nail and towards dead end are the two songs i would want to hear live. And i was totally disappointed by something i heard on the Scythes of Bodom website. It was the quote of the week and it was alexi saying "i regret every lead i played on the something wild album, it sounded like some guy trying to be yngwie malmsteen". That shit is fucking brilliant and malmsteen wished he could pull that off.

Malmsteen COULD pull it off :p

true true, but i've never heard brutality and classicality and technicality blended so utterly perfect. A lot of malmsteen just seems like glorified scales to me without much interesting riffage. On the topic of letting the fans decide what songs COB should play it would be pointless because i've noticed the newbie COB fans outnumber the older ones and it would be all HCDR songs again.

I have a video where they played just about everything on SW besides In The Shadows and it's fucking awesome. Red Light In My Eyes Part 2 and The Nail are such great fucking songs.

They played Kissing the Shadows, Towards Dead End and Deadknight Warrior at the headlining show in New York. So they do play still play some SW stuff as well as great songs that you guys are requesting. I wouldn't wanta hear Rebel Yell. I'd rather hear 'em cover a song they didn't record. Break out a Death or Carcass song. That would be crushing.

gkelter said:
I have a video where they played just about everything on SW besides In The Shadows and it's fucking awesome. Red Light In My Eyes Part 2 and The Nail are such great fucking songs.

I have a couple like that, i might upload one for you guys if i remember

They've played some of the recorded covers live usually just after they've released them... Atleast they played shot in the dark after follow the reaper was released... I'd also like to hear some impromptu covers live... just as a bonus for a great audience... one or two covers never hurt anyone...

I'd love to see Red light live... hook us up dude

They even played Shot In The Dark live in 1999 and Hellion in 1998, so 2 years before they were released on an album.

Have they played the two new covers live... ever? I know laiho jammed she is beutiful with andrew w.k. at some point but I don't know if they've played it as cob...