if you were as famous as COB....Would you?

Do you prefer the fans intense in love and low in quantity...or huge in number but...

• FUCK YEAH! the more the better! they buy the album so that's it! they are our fans!

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I prefer Quality to Quantity! 2 lamborghinis are better than 10 bmw m3

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters
No. Because it´s fucking hilarious. And so are the reactions of the ´metal community´

And they did cover Gaga in live shows before. A bit of it at least. Like they did with Rihanna, Michael Jackson and many more.

I've heard the song Umbrella by Rihanna...covered by cob!

But this cover doesn't mean they are Rihanna's fans!

have you noticed that they don't take these covers seriously? I mean MUSICWISE....

they just do it just to have a break from that serious part and to

go like=:lol::lol::lol:

like in wacken 2008 when cob played Umbrella...

after that alexi said:" we've been fucking lame today that's fucking ridiculous"

And I believe Alexi has stated that: "Lady Gaga is fucking awesome" in some interview.

that and Alexi has said in live shows

".. but everybody loves fucking Lady gaga right?..... but at least we do....She is pretty fucking rad..."

and ofcourse I know you shouldn't take everything thay say or make a cover of seriously. I know that the Britney cover was a joke, but they never said they liked her music. Alexi has said many times that they like Lady Gagas music :)

Yeah, all that, plus hating on pop and other music a lot of people like is like fighting a fucking million dragons. It's useless and not worth a shot because you won't make a difference.

Find something you like, keep an open mind and tell all the haters to fuck off. I've gained a lot more friends by saying that I listen to all sorts of music, but mainly Bodom. Then I introduce them to Daft Punk, Jack Wall and cool shit like that.

Everyone won't like death metal, it's fucking hard to get into and I still remember the headaches I got when transitioning from my "Metallica rules hurrrr" phase to "Death metal! AAARHG!" phase. It's painful to listen in the beginning, but Laiho's and Wirman's instrumental magic kept me listening. Many people won't find such a hook to latch onto and they'll simply avoid the genre from that point on.

hey everyone,

about 30 minutes took when i completely read this post,

i can say:

i listened to metal music first when i was 8 and after that i never stop listening to it
cob is one of my top favs and alexi is a metal hero to me
but i feel the latest albums of cob (actually from 2005) going to fall ,in my opinion cob is gonna lose their original music
i hope this album will change my mind.
and one thing to my persian friend:
ina oskolan nemifahman.

hey everyone,

about 30 minutes took when i completely read this post,

i can say:

i listened to metal music first when i was 8 and after that i never stop listening to it
cob is one of my top favs and alexi is a metal hero to me
but i feel the latest albums of cob (actually from 2005) going to fall ,in my oponion cob is gonna lose their original music
i hope this album will change my mind.
and one thing to my persian friend:
ina oskolan nemifahman.

And the relevance was..?

that and Alexi has said in live shows

".. but everybody loves fucking Lady gaga right?..... but at least we do....She is pretty fucking rad..."

and ofcourse I know you shouldn't take everything thay say or make a cover of seriously. I know that the Britney cover was a joke, but they never said they liked her music. Alexi has said many times that they like Lady Gagas music :)

I don't see any big difference between BS and LG...!!!
both some pop stars who come when the main media needs them and fade away when their bussines is done and are useless....

and if cob say they LOVE ladygaga i feel pitty for them!!

maybe one of the reasons they had a downfall in their music career is this fact..

anyway tnx for sharing the infos!

Yeah, all that, plus hating on pop and other music a lot of people like is like fighting a fucking million dragons. It's useless and not worth a shot because you won't make a difference.

Find something you like, keep an open mind and tell all the haters to fuck off. I've gained a lot more friends by saying that I listen to all sorts of music, but mainly Bodom. Then I introduce them to Daft Punk, Jack Wall and cool shit like that.

Everyone won't like death metal, it's fucking hard to get into and I still remember the headaches I got when transitioning from my "Metallica rules hurrrr" phase to "Death metal! AAARHG!" phase. It's painful to listen in the beginning, but Laiho's and Wirman's instrumental magic kept me listening. Many people won't find such a hook to latch onto and they'll simply avoid the genre from that point on.

keep an open mind and tell all the haters to fuck off.

it's what you do!and it's what you do! because it's you!

but me.. I choose my music wisely...and emotionally...

and I'm always ready to talk to haters..and to convince them that metal

is above all...

this is what I call an open mind!

BTW:
Everyone won't like death metal,

this is what I love about the whole metal!

to me the unpopularity of metal is precious and invaluable!

And the relevance was..?

if you read this thread from the beginning,you will notice the title was about the quality vs quantity of cob fans which are directly related to their music.
and my sense tells me they are paying attention to make money from last 2 albums.by the way i love cob and alexi and i never listen to pop music but i dont disrespect em.
thanx anyway

I don't see any big difference between BS and LG...!!!
both some pop stars who come when the main media needs them and fade away when their bussines is done and are useless....

and if cob say they LOVE ladygaga i feel pitty for them!!

maybe one the reasons they had a downfall in their music career is this fact..

anyway tnx for sharing the infos!

1. the difference between Gaga and Britney is that Gaga writes her own songs and music (with help from others but it's all her ides from the star),
she is a really great musician, she doesn't need autotune because she can really sing.
she is fucking awsome at piano too :)

2. why do you feel pitty for them that's just hilariously funny :lol:

3. downfall in theire music career?.... if you didn't know it but they sell more CD's now then they did 5 years ago.
I don't see that as a downfall, but you probably mean that you don't like their music anymore and thats a completely different thing :)
and I do know that only because a band or artist sells more CD's it doesn't make them good but for the peaople buying 'em it must mean something.

4....meeh you're stupid

1. the difference between Gaga and Britney is that Gaga writes her own songs and music (with help from others but it's all her ides from the star),
she is a really great musician, she doesn't need autotune because she can really sing.

2. why do you feel pitty for them that's just hilariously funny :lol:

3. downfall in theire music career?.... if you didn't know it but they sell more CD's now then they did 5 years ago.
I don't see that as a downfall, but you probably mean that you don't like their music anymore and thats a completely different thing :)
and I do know that only because a band or artist sells more CD's it doesn't make them good but for the peaople buying 'em it must mean something.

4....meeh you're stupid

I guess you haven't listened to Empyrium songs! for instance..Lover's Grief..
to see who really plays the piano fucking awesome!..
the piano that makes your heart officially and literally STOP!

if you didn't know it but they sell more CD's now then they did 5 years ago.

this is exactly what I'm talking about!

selling a lot doesn't mean a record is good! ( but I guess you first look at sales chart and then start loving the one on the top!
is this the way you love music?)

for instance... many people including musicians...fans...and critics

believe that Ride The Lightning is almost one of top 3 albums of all time released by Metallica...MUSICWISE..technically and emotionally..

but when you compare the sales with Black album it's sold way less than half...

so selling too much doesn't guarantee the quality of the music...

when bands become more famous..Like COB..

even if they record their farts and burps and release it! people will buy it!
definitely...absolutely and deliberately!

cuz they are famous... but for me it's quite a different story..

for instance I love Alexi's skills for the solo of the EVERY TIME I DIE..
or the fucking riff in Downfall...that blows my mind away..

not cheap solo of WIWI!!!

Though it's clear that RRF will sell way more than FTR...

and that could the proof of my previous words!

I guess you haven't listened to Empyrium songs! for instance..Lover's Grief..
to see who really plays the piano fucking awesome!..
the piano that makes your heart officially and literally STOP!

this is exactly what I'm talking about!

selling a lot doesn't mean a record is good! ( but I guess you first look at sales chart and then start loving the one on the top!
is this the way you love music?)

for instance... many people including musicians...fans...and critics

believe that Ride The Lightning is almost one of top 3 albums of all time released by Metallica...MUSICWISE..technically and emotionally..

but when you compare the sales with Black album it's sold way less than half...

so selling too much doesn't guarantee the quality of the music...

when bands become more famous..Like COB..

even if they record their farts and burps and release it! people will buy it!
definitely...absolutely and deliberately!

cuz they are famous... but for me it's quite a different story..

for instance I love Alexi's skills for the solo of the EVERY TIME I DIE..
or the fucking riff in Downfall...that blows my mind away..

not cheap solo of WIWI!!!

Though it's clear that RRF will sell way more than FTR...

and that could the proof of my previous words!

it's funny that you quoted my post but didn't read it

" and I do know that only because a band or artist sells more CD's it doesn't make them good but for the peaople buying 'em it must mean something."

my favorite band at the moment is protest the hero. do you know who thay are? no I don't think so.

and I don't listen to anything att the pop charts I just say it's there for a reason. and that reason is that pepole likes it... does that make it good? noo but the pepole who listen to it does.

just because you say something is bad doesn't mean it is

it's funny that you quoted my post but didn't read it

" and I do know that only because a band or artist sells more CD's it doesn't make them good but for the peaople buying 'em it must mean something."

my favorite band at the moment is protest the hero. do you know who thay are? no I don't think so.

and I don't listen to anything att the pop charts I just say it's there for a reason. and that reason is that pepole likes it... does that make it good? noo but the pepole who listen to it does.

I do read what you write but I read so fast and I have a terrible memory!

that's why I may sometimes forget some parts!

I've heard the name protest the hero a lot! but progressive is not my thing!

it's only the matter of taste!

no definitely not!

because in my opinion GOOD and BAD are some tools we use

to say our ideas!

we all have quite different views and perspectives in our minds

that's why the definition of BAD and GOOD changes for us!

for some people shaking ass is cool but for me it's gay!

that's it and it's quite simple i think!

some metalheads! (mostly whom I talked about in this thread!)

don't know how to headbang!! for some people it's OK but for me LAME!

and vice versa!

people think too much something in the music or better to say extremes

are not good to be used in music...

but that's what I love! like Fucking doom metal or suicidal black metal!

anyway!

I'm glad we're sharing our ideas and perspectives in a humble and friendly way!

and I appreciate you for doing it!

I do wish you the best of luck

by the way I saw this funny quote in In Flames forum!

just wanted to share !:lol::lol::lol:

1196jab.jpg
[/IMG]