A return to Latin or Ancient Greek?

What do you mean by this word order ? English has many ways in which a sentence can be arranged, perhaps not if one clings to the 7th grade teachings of "proper English". Or do I miss what you are talking about ?

I believe he was talking about basic word order, which is the order that the subject, object, and verb appear relative to one another in a declarative sentence. Basic word order is often ascertained by examining the order of elements in a declarative sentence containing a transitive verb, e.g. "I eat steak."

English is an SVO language. That is, the basic word order is Subject, Verb, Object.

someone mentioned gender problems with English, I dont understand this? I learned some French and that was one of the most annoying things about it to me, everything had to be either fem or masc and I dont see the point or benefit. Sentence word arrangement was backwards as well. It was also a bit too limp wristed in pronunciation. Sounds fine when the French speak it.

Well, for spoken dialogue I think it's less of a concern, because you're generally acknowledging the person you're speaking to. But in certain written discourses or arguments, gender can become very confusing, especially with words like "you." Latin declensions however, help to properly distinguish gender and placement in a sentence.

Other things in English can be confusing as well. Take this sentence for instance:

"Jason walked over to Paul because he had forgotten his ruler."

The "he" could be referring to either Jason or Paul. This sentence could be worded differently in order to make it easier to understand (i.e. "Jason walked over to Paul to ask for his ruler because he had forgotten his"). However, this makes sentences longer and more complicated. With Latin endings, the "he" would be designated to a specific character in the sentence, either the subject or the direct object.

I know those are only examples but I still dont see the problem. In that one it would be common to follow the sentence through as he being the first name mentioned, the object of the sentence. Otherwise it would be Jason walked back over to Paul to give him his ruler. So now you dont know whos ruler it is but really, who cares ? If one cared it would end "give him his ruler back" obviously now belonging to Paul. Otherwise it would be "lend him his ruler" Now I still dont see where in this instance fem or masc would make a difference.

I have heard that non english speaking people say English is the hardest... came quite easily to me. With other languages I find the arrangment very unnatural, not sure of the order but thing like "Store I go" ir "Go store I", well if we spoke like that, one would no doubt be called a retard. Or should that be = No doubt one would be called a retard ? Or retard would one be called ?

So amusing, I really have no problem with any of it. There is none of it I have problems with. There isnt any of it I have problems with. There aint no problems here. Problems have I not of this.

I just cant spell

I know those are only examples but I still dont see the problem. In that one it would be common to follow the sentence through as he being the first name mentioned, the object of the sentence. Otherwise it would be Jason walked back over to Paul to give him his ruler. So now you dont know whos ruler it is but really, who cares ? If one cared it would end "give him his ruler back" obviously now belonging to Paul. Otherwise it would be "lend him his ruler" Now I still dont see where in this instance fem or masc would make a difference.

That example actually doesn't have anything to do with gender, merely confusion between subjects and direct objects. I couldn't think of a gender example. :cool:

Twinky must be too good or feeling too shot down to keep our company anymore. Thats my current philosophy anyhow. bahahahahaha

English and all its little twists and slangs rules. Another philosophy of mine.

Well, for spoken dialogue I think it's less of a concern, because you're generally acknowledging the person you're speaking to. But in certain written discourses or arguments, gender can become very confusing, especially with words like "you." Latin declensions however, help to properly distinguish gender and placement in a sentence.

Other things in English can be confusing as well. Take this sentence for instance:

"Jason walked over to Paul because he had forgotten his ruler."

The "he" could be referring to either Jason or Paul. This sentence could be worded differently in order to make it easier to understand (i.e. "Jason walked over to Paul to ask for his ruler because he had forgotten his"). However, this makes sentences longer and more complicated. With Latin endings, the "he" would be designated to a specific character in the sentence, either the subject or the direct object.

There are confusing things in Latin too. There is no indication of the speakers knowledge in a sentence. In Quechua there are suffixes that are added on words that specify probability, and the speakers knowledge of a subject.

The thing is those little confusing things are only a minor inconvenience.