A Sense of Purpose

the album isnt dat bad ive been a fan of their music for a long time..i mean its a big change for them but still the music is not that bad they still havent lost their Metal roots

Most bands don't put out great albums towards the latter part of their careers and this album is no exception. In fact, it's by far, their worst yet. I was just having a conversation with my friend the other day about why bands albums start to suck as they get older and we both agreed it's clearly burnout and that they don't feel inspired anymore. What sucks is that I don't think, I might be wrong, but I don't think its burnout from playing music but from playing with the same band. I understand that labels like to milk popular bands but if you guys would take a break and do some side projects and explore other ideas that way... it seems like that would really fuel your writing for in flames albums. Do 2 studio albums, tour, do something else for a year and then come back actually write something worth listening to. These bubblegum sing-a-long choruses make me sick. You guys have definitely been a HARD ROCK band for the last 4 albums and arguably for the last 6. I want METAL.

myspace episodes but they seem longer I mean it acutally makes up about 2 hours and 40 minutes or so. WHich is pretty long. I realized a long time ago that they are more of a hard rock band now but I still think they rock. They still releases some good rocking songs.

Also on the dvd they talk about recording 16 songs.....mmm well there is 12 on the album and three on the mirrors truth single.....so where is this mysterious 16 song????

Most bands don't put out great albums towards the latter part of their careers and this album is no exception. In fact, it's by far, their worst yet. I was just having a conversation with my friend the other day about why bands albums start to suck as they get older and we both agreed it's clearly burnout and that they don't feel inspired anymore. What sucks is that I don't think, I might be wrong, but I don't think its burnout from playing music but from playing with the same band. I understand that labels like to milk popular bands but if you guys would take a break and do some side projects and explore other ideas that way... it seems like that would really fuel your writing for in flames albums. Do 2 studio albums, tour, do something else for a year and then come back actually write something worth listening to. These bubblegum sing-a-long choruses make me sick. You guys have definitely been a HARD ROCK band for the last 4 albums and arguably for the last 6. I want METAL.

agreed on everything except the Hard Rock part!

there is an easter egg on the DVD of all the leinad bits when you push over on the screen selection on the second screen to the right. Goofy fun.

The videos are quite a bit longer then the myspace ones and Daniel mentions that he laid down tracks for seventeen songs. Then Peter talks about it later. 2 songs for another project then 2 extra tracks just for the recording process. I want to hear the one or two others damn it.

listen to kalmah - finnish melodeath band myspace.com/kalmah there next album comes out 23 april and they are much better than in flames

listen to kalmah - finnish melodeath band myspace.com/kalmah there next album comes out 23 april and they are much better than in flames

Kalmah is in no way better than In Flames, I'm a fan of both but to be honest I think they'd disagree with you. I'm willing to bet that In Flames, along with bands like Dark Tranquillity and At The Gates are a definite inspiration to bands like Kalmah. Besides, Kalmah to me is just watered down riffs with synths. Even if In Flames has had some questionable releases, I'd still say they're more solid than Kalmah, hands down.

So what're the impressions of the album now that we've been able to give it a lot of listening time? I still think it's arguably the best album they've put out since Clayman...but still not exactly what I was looking for. Sleepless Again, Condemned, and Sober And Irrelevant are probably my favorite songs off the album. Alias is alright with exception to the chorus, I'm The Highway is ruined by the chorus, Move Through Me is solid, as is Delight And Angers. The Chosen Pessimist needs an abridged version and March To The Shore sucks except for the solo. The Mirror's Truth is the worst song off the album and would have been right at home on Come Clarity. Disconnected was really good at first, but it's boring now.

So I have 3 good songs, with a couple average to good songs, and 1-2 shit songs.

Stop trolling you cunt...Just cuz we Like In Flames you act like we don't know who kalmah are..and Yeah they are awesome but that new song sucked..I love Black Waltz/They Will Return. And In no way are the kalmah albums better then anything LS - CM

Sure I like arsis just not to fond of the last 2 albums. Celebration of guilt is incredible.

does anyone think they used the same main riff too many times like fuck change it up i dont want to hear mirrors truth 4 or 5 times on the same album
esspessially

does anyone think they used the same main riff too many times like fuck change it up i dont want to hear mirrors truth 4 or 5 times on the same album
esspessially

I wouldn't agree at all to be honest. The guitars have a nice raw feel to them, good quality. I think that's what's getting you. They're not the same riffs over and over again, so I think that has to be it. Their layering is apparent more, and again production quality was really tuned up.

I fucking love Kalmah but yes the new song was rather eh. Anyway I am really loving this album for some reason. Really listen to all the vocal parts, ANders put alot of work into doing this album and recording. Anybody else notice how many songs they said they were recording compared to how many have been released on the single an album.....still two songs that have not surfaced. I fucking love Alias , Disconnected, March To The Shore, and Move Through Me. Best since CLayman. Its a great hard rock album. FUck the haters on this one ,I stand firm.

when i first listened to the album me and my brother were this blows i hate this. but you really need to let it grow on you so you can hear the music like it is i love the album and im glad i decided i didnt end up wasting 13 dollars

and i take back what i said about the guitars it sounds good i just notice a similarity in some of the keys they were using. and mirrors truth and dissconected sounded similar at first

MOVE THROUGH ME!

The lyrics all seem to be about this guy finding himself or w/e. It's great it's a little concept.

My favorite line is -

"Avoid the Mould
Desperate you Regress
Move Through Me
I'll be your Triumph"