a sex game stoked by drugs and black magic.- There's a whiff of freedom as Knox await

She'll probably be set free since the judge ruled that the DNA evidence was contaminated. Technically she was convicted on DNA evidence, but what sealed her fate were all her inconsistencies and false alibis. She kinda showed her ass.

Stupid. She didn't die from a fucking sex game, it was a damn fight. I laugh at the thought of someone dying from a sex game.

Yep, that was clearly sex. Must of put the board and game pieces back in the closet.

SNF2426A-682_1170259a.jpg

If she's released what do you think the general response will be in the U.S? Will there be a fair amount of people cheering about it?

If she's released what do you think the general response will be in the U.S? Will there be a fair amount of people cheering about it?

Absolutely a large amount of people will cheer. Most of the people who are for her being released are armchair detectives/lawyers who don't know anything about the case, only that an American citizen was locked up for 25 years for murder...which would be IMPOSSIBLE because everyone knows young American girls abroad aren't capable of murder, in their opinion. :rolleyes:

The thing that's so shitty is that the authorities completely screwed the pooch, and I have no doubt that it's the truth. It's hard to get sent to jail here, much less be proven guilty of murder. For the first time in their history, the Italian judicial system was under the international spotlight but it was business as usual for the Carabinieri and police, and that's being incompetent nincompoops, stomping all over the evidence, probably smoking cigarettes at the crime scene, etc. If she gets set free then it will be due to the evidence being contaminated by the retarded Carabinieri and not because her innocence was proven.

There's a reason why Carabinieri jokes here are like blonde jokes in the states. It's like a national pastime.

Why are Carabinieri always in pairs? So one can read and the other can write.

A Carabinieri is doing a crossword puzzle and asks his partner, "What's the future tense of 'eat'? His partner replies, "Digest".

She'll most probably be charged with aiding and abetting if the evidence is thrown out and she's released, but by that time she'll be back in the states. It'll be a sort of Roman Polanski type of scenario, only this time she'll have to avoid extradition back to Italy by staying in the states.

is anyone in america still following this case? we've got a pretty short attention span for this kind of thing, and there have been several other attractive young lady murder trial media sensations since this was first in the news. besides, football season just started AND that american idol dude's new show just started. we aint got time for this nonsense.

If the overheard lunchroom conversations are to be believed, some people have been swayed by the "incompetence" DW cites. They're convinced of her actual innocence based on how the American media has portrayed the evidence (wildly contaminated in a way that OJ's lawyers still have wet dreams over). They're less convinced of "Anti-Americanism" and more convinced that someone needs a scape goat and the notion that "a bird in the hand" is what Italian authorities have gone for out of pride and an unwillingness to admit they might be wrong in the International spotlight. They were stunned, shocked, dismayed, and disbelieving when the original verdict was published. I think part of the problem is our education system -- the notion that the whole world either shares our judicial process or is corrupt (no shades of grey). In the US, if the evidence presented to the public by our media is to be believed, she could never have been convicted, because there would have been a massive amount of "reasonable doubt". So our "masses" are likely convinced that she must be aquitted regardless of their opinions of her innocence or guilt.

Believe it or not, the people I've seen who still seem to follow the story and care are the good "Christian" grandmother types I run into at work. They seem worried about "that young girl". I'd bet they pray for her. I'd further bet that they mean it sincerely and in a way that's tough to mock. It kinda is what it is. That said, if the incompetence of the police is as DW notes, then maybe they need a good international public humiliation to turn them around. Or, maybe they'll just go out for drinks. Dunno. Myself, I'm having bacon for breakfast....

Of course they will cheer. Didn't you hear that she was only convicted because of 'anti-Americanism' ?

Yep, I'm aware of that sentiment.

There is so many things wrong with the entire case that I feel terribly sorry for the parents of the murdered girl. The true tragedy at the heart of the case has been overrun by this nonsense.

There is so many things wrong with the entire case that I feel terribly sorry for the parents of the murdered girl. The true tragedy at the heart of the case has been overrun by this nonsense.

I agree, people are forgetting the murdered girl in all the media frenzy over Knox - never forget Meredith Kercher and her loved ones.

I agree, people are forgetting the murdered girl in all the media frenzy over Knox - never forget Meredith Kercher and her loved ones.

Not that I think the judicial process should take into account her family's suffering, but I think it's a terrible shame that the "Foxy Knoxy" thing in tandem with the widespread belief that she was a victim of anti-U.S bias and not much else takes a great deal away from the real human side of the story, which is to say that Amanda Knox was somehow involved in a girl dying a bloody death miles away from home, and the search for the truth behind that low and disgusting act has been obscured by this crap.

We like to say that the police are incompetent because they are, but no more incompetent than the police anywhere else in the world. Let's be honest and admit that the police in the US aren't exactly shining examples of human decency and intelligence. If anything, the police here are much more reasonable and merciful than anywhere else I've seen. They've never once talked down to me, disrespected me, abused me, or been anything but professional from everything I've seen since I've been here. I wish I could say the same thing for Louisiana State Troopers.

What people need to realize is just how hard it is to get thrown in jail here, much less be convicted of murder. Italians are notorious for not going to prison because they're able to get off much more easily than the US. If anything, the US is ten times more heavy-handed in sentencing and the entire process than Italy. Just the simple fact that this girl was convicted and not deported or handed to US custody speaks volumes of what's really going on here.

I've always maintained that while I don't think she actually did the killing, she was an accessory for sure and that seems to be the general consensus.

Like Derek said, the real travesty is that the entire reason she's in jail in the first place is because someone was murdered, yet that seems to be glossed over these days.

"Louisianna" says it all :lol: In Texas I've had several experiences with both local police and Texas State Troopers. In all cases they were extremely fair and understanding folks. Besides locale I just think it has to do with who they are on an individual basis. There are shitty people everywhere, therefore, there are shitty cops everywhere. It's honestly a matter of luck and so far I've been lucky.