A SHOWCASE QUESTION

Bear has pretty much nailed it. I have 1 more band confirmed, with another not quite.

It's not that I don't want to book an older "80's" band, it's just that I have no "pattern" or anything that I necissarily go by. Not to say it won't happen in the future, but not this year for the Old School act.

Let's see how it all plays out :)

Shane

I understand. I'm not taking anything away from the unsigned bands, because I think that's a great idea. It is fun seeing an 80s band that really never broke big too though.

thanks,
Brian

As much as Metal Church rules, they seem to be touring a lot as of late, which would cut down on the draw for PP/Showcase if everyone has already seen them in their hometown. I saw them in Minneapolis back in Nov 2005 (I believe that was a full US tour) and they are doing another full US tour in Jan/Feb. Looking forward to seeing them again (Jan 15 here!), but I just think that would diminish the impact of having them in Atlanta (of course, they might be skipping the SE in those tours, so that would temper my point).

Someone mentioned Dangerous Toys! Love 'em! I would kill to be able to see them once someday. And this is a band that isn't together anymore. They did a reunion show last May, I think, in Dallas. I couldn't go because it was finals week at school. But if they could reunite for a show in Atlanta, that would draw some fans like me out for a show.

I'm actually a new fan to Metal Church, so I've not had the chance to see them yet. With that said, I didn't realize that they were touring so much. Hopefully, I'll get to check them out as well in 2007.

-Brian-

Hmmm, an old school metal band? I'd say Europe, but they are probably too big. It would have to be someone who was overlooked for the most part during the 80s, like Leatherwolf.

Ummmmmm.....

Barren Cross?

Why not give the bands that have been loyal on this board that are unsigned a chance at glory? Why not bring in Odin's Court, The Division, Overlorde or Suspyre? Even bands that have potential like Virginia's Engage or Jersey's Operatika would be a good fit for the showcase. You have your two headliners, now sprinkle the night with unsigned acts that would appreciate being there and would play their hearts out. That is what the Showcase should be about.

Peace,
Ray C.
I agree. Would love for these bands to have a chance to win over the rest of the ProgPower audience who isn't already into them, and the rest of the metal world after that.

I must say, though, I'd freak at a chance to see T.T. Quick again. David DiPietro kicks serious ass. Saw them play a birthday gig in Belmar, NJ back in 2000 right after Ink was released. Mark Tornillo voice was still totally all that.

"kicking as and taking names tonight!"

Hmmm, an old school metal band? I'd say Europe, but they are probably too big. It would have to be someone who was overlooked for the most part during the 80s, like Leatherwolf.

Ummmmmm.....

Barren Cross?

I don't think Europe fits the bill. More or less just an overlooked metal band like you said. To me Leatherwolf was like that just simply because I didn't grow up listening to them.

A Rough Cutt reunion would be cool to me.

Suspyre definately would rock, as would Division, Odin's Court and MILES BEYOND!!

As for the old school metal question, even after Shane's response, Barren Cross would be cool. I never did get a chance to see them. Believer would be better :p

Why don't we bring back Zebra? Kix? Autograph? Jeez, guys. Lets give the undigned guys a chance. I mean, repay the loyalty they give to this festival and this board. It is not like they just started playing their instruments last week, or they are part of the School of Rock. They will work for peanuts compared to one of those geriactric jobs.

Peace,
Ray C.

PS - Holy Crap, the Bricks, er, Knicks are up 68-57 in the third over Atlanta