A SHOWCASE QUESTION

Cause the person who started the thread made it such, by asking if Shane was going to include an old school metal band again this year. Then asking the folks here what old school bands they would like to see, if another were to be included this year.

Harmless discussion...and fun to see the responses.

Yeah I read right over that part...Its fun and all but I personally wouldn't want to have these type bands play PPUSA. I really enjoy the fact I haven't seen most of the bands at PPUSA and the discovery part is what exciting for me...Again personal opinion

I love that y'all are talking about Vicious Rumors :headbang:
Without a doubt, one of my favorite old school metal bands!
They just got done touring Europe, and I can tell you they are
trying to put together a U.S. tour as well ;)

...yes, I said "y'all"
(if you can't beat em...)

Why don't we bring back Zebra? Kix? Autograph? Jeez, guys. Lets give the undigned guys a chance. I mean, repay the loyalty they give to this festival and this board. It is not like they just started playing their instruments last week, or they are part of the School of Rock. They will work for peanuts compared to one of those geriactric jobs.

Peace,
Ray C.

PS - Holy Crap, the Bricks, er, Knicks are up 68-57 in the third over Atlanta

Zebra and Kix? Great choices! I'll second that!:headbang:

Suspyre definately would rock, as would Division, Odin's Court and MILES BEYOND!!

As for the old school metal question, even after Shane's response, Barren Cross would be cool. I never did get a chance to see them. Believer would be better :p

Let me second the vote for Miles Beyond! They'd be perfect for the Showcase!

Thanks for the Kix info! I had no idea. Do they play any Kix tunes when they're playing around that area? I get out there sometimes, so I may need to check them out live.

FYI, Meliah Rage is on the Metal Church tour in January. I can't wait to see them! I listened to Kill To Survive so many times back in 1989...

I hate to say something like this but...

With the performance that Odin's Court gave on the tour with Zero Hour, it borders on criminal to not have them playing in some capacity at ProgPower this coming year. The Showcase would be the perfect spotlight for them.

Their playing was tight, the music was interesting and memorable, and most importantly, they absolutely LOVE what they do and love the ProgPower festival.

Other than that...I'd look to make some miracle happen... Like getting Shadow Gallery or Beyond Twilight to do a live gig. That would be unbelievably pimp.
Hey, you don't have to hate to say something like that! Dude, I really appreciate the kind words and there is no doubt in my mind that I wouldn't hesitate one moment to be involved with ProgPower!! I've been coming since Chicago only missing two (but still paid for badges) because of things out of my control. You could say this festival and the people I've met since Feb. 2001 is something very special to me. I really can't imagine being anywhere else in the world at that time.

I'm really glad that you liked us so much! And that wasn't even with our drummer. James from Division learned the songs in about 4 weeks only getting a few full band practices. He did an awesome job though! Things are really looking up for us right now. We have some amazing press releases to send out - starting on Monday. :) We are more pumped than ever too. Again, thanks for the support!

Thanks for the Kix info! I had no idea. Do they play any Kix tunes when they're playing around that area? I get out there sometimes, so I may need to check them out live.

FYI, Meliah Rage is on the Metal Church tour in January. I can't wait to see them! I listened to Kill To Survive so many times back in 1989...
You;re welcome. Cool, I'm glad that was good news for you. Absolutely! They play about 1/2 and 1/2. I've heard good reviews about the new FM album. Yes, you should.

I was a huge Metal Church fan, but not really familiar with MR, other than by name.

Ya know... Paul Gilbert did just reunite with Bruce Boulliet (which, by the way, people should be flipping a lot more shits about).

Seeing Racer X in its original form is somthing I had pretty much crossed of my list of possible. If somehow they were on the showcase... I don't even know, somthing would happen! Arguably the greatest guitar duo of all time.

Ya know... Paul Gilbert did just reunite with Bruce Boulliet (which, by the way, people should be flipping a lot more shits about).

Seeing Racer X in its original form is somthing I had pretty much crossed of my list of possible. If somehow they were on the showcase... I don't even know, somthing would happen! Arguably the greatest guitar duo of all time.

Didn't BB have some kind of injury or something that affected his playing?
I'd KILL to see an original Racer-X lineup anywhere......

J-Dubya

I've checked the Metal Church tour schedule and they'll be in Nashville on January 31 supposedly. I checked out the venue's website, but they don't have Metal Church listed on the calendar yet? I'm going to call over there today to see what's up.

I've been listening to "A Light In The Dark" this week and it's been kickin' my butt! :headbang:

Here's a band i'd love to see: Lion with Doug Aldritch and Kal Swan...
by far my favorite band from the 80's besides Fifth Angel (which would be another kickass band for the showcase)