A Song Of Smileys and Desolator. Game of Thrones Book/TV Thread

Adam Stryker

I Cannot Be Loved
Dec 13, 2009
West Point, Mississippi
www.facebook.com
Here we can discuss spoilers current plots and everything of Westeros. This is to keep the off topic thread for random goofiness and keep from having things spoiled.

This forum does not have spoiler tags so we cannot add spoiler text. I dont know how we are going to get around this. But discuss the current show as of now or past.

Game of Drinking (Game of Thrones - Season 1)
Winter is coming and you need something to pass your time? Something that keeps you warm? Something that distracts you from the ugly beasts that roam the forests and make you shiver in fear? Well, please come in and play a little game with us!
While the winds howl around the house and the snow piles up, we’re sitting near the fire, furs covering our backs and re-watching this show of schemes. Our wine and whiskey bottles seem to be emptying themselves because we have to take a sip...

...every time Tyrion Lannister says something suggestive.
...every time someone talks about Varys’ balls.
...every time someone calls Jon Snow “Bastard”.
...every time Robert Baratheon curses.
...for every nipple.
...every time someone is killed in a gruesome way.
...every time we see one of the wolves.
...every time Khal Drogo does his evil stare.
...every time someone is with a prostitute.
...every time someone says “Winter is coming.”
...every time someone says “A Lannister always pays his debts.”
...every time Arya talks about “Needle”.
...every time there is a fight.
...every time a raven brings mail.

The whole glass

...every time a King* dies.

Game of Drinking (Game of Thrones - Season 2)

While outside everybody is scaredly running somewhere, we come together in our little shack and bring with us the last remnants of our precious alcoholic beverages. Together we have to find out what looms behind the vastness of the wall, have to scowl at Joffreys wickedness, have to watch the battles unfold...

In this night that is oh-so-dark and oh-so-full-of-terrors, we cling to glasses and bottles as though they were life rings keeping us afloat on a sea of horrors. But every now and then we have to loosen the firm grasp and steer the drinks in the direction of our bellies. We can't just sit here! We have to take a sip...

...every time Tyrion Lannister says something suggestive.
...every time they switch scenery.
...every time someone calls Jon Snow “Bastard”.
...for every nipple.
...every time someone is killed in a gruesome way.
...every time we see one of the wolves.
...every time the priestess of light does magic.
...every time someone is with a prostitute. (Shae counts, too!)
...every time someone says “Winter is coming.”
...every time someone says “A Lannister always pays his debts.”
...every time Arya makes Tywin Lannister (almost) smile.
...every time there is a fight.
...every time a raven brings mail.
...every time Bran dreams.
...every time Jaime Lannister makes fun of someone.
...every time Jaqen H’ghar pays his debt to Arya.

The whole glass...

...every time a King* dies.
...WILDFIRE!!
...every time we see a supernatural creature.

Of course. Waiting anxiously for the final season so I can watch the last of the likeable characters get killed, have no one left to root for, and then throw things while cursing George R R Martin.

Still watching, although the last two seasons have been relatively weak. It seems they've gotten so much money from the show now, that they're focusing more on effects and battles than writing a captivating storyline. Really noticable once they got past the books sadly.

Arya and Tyrion are still the best characters of the show though imo.

IDGAF about it anymore. I will watch when it comes out, but last season was so shit I have no hopes for the future. Dark fantasy turned into gay fantasy with plot armor, so sluts can cheer for shitleesi and her dragons.

Few seasons ago they would be all dead because of their retarded decisions. Now we have teleporting ships, dragons, stupid politics and a dude who can survive for hours on the north after a bath in cold water. Still in wet clothes as a bonus.

Miss me with this gay shit, just mad I wasted a lot of time watching it. And if I see another shitty battle like Battle of the Bastards then i will just drop it.

Really noticeable once they got past the books sadly
why did they need to keep going past the end of where the books stopped?
that just seems stupid
the end of the book series was a pretty good spot to end the TV series, IIRC

there's going to be more books??
awesome
is the next book going to look like the last 2 seasons of the show??

Probably not, I think George RR Martin gave the writers at HBO the outline for where he wants the story to go, and they came up with whatever they could. I don't know how much he was consulted, but there is a slight drop in the writing quality after the show passed the books (which I have not read for the record).

I don't think it is as terrible as Lifemocker says, since he exaggerates everything and seems to take anything he doesn't agree with 100% as a personal insult, but it does have some lazy writing and choices in the last couple seasons.

Spoilers kinda:
For some reason, the thing that annoyed me more than any of the weird moments in the last season was when Cersei gagged Tyene (one of the sand sisters), it was just a thin piece of cloth that didn't even cover her mouth, but she acted like she was completely muffled and unable to speak. I have no idea why such a stupid detail was the thing that I remembered most. :lol:

All the other dumb stuff like surviving the cold and instant Dragon teleportation didn't bother me. I was entertained, therefore I didn't care.

Reactions: DarkGift