A Song Of Smileys and Desolator. Game of Thrones Book/TV Thread

there's going to be more books??
awesome
is the next book going to look like the last 2 seasons of the show??

Yes, there are two more books coming, the titles are:
The Winds of Winter
A Dream of Spring

But considering the last book (A Dance with Dragons) came out almost 8 years ago now, It's beginning to feel like when I read the Wheel of Time series... The author for WoT (Robert Jordan) died before he got to finish it, so they had to bring in another writer for the last couple of books.

As Caleb already wrote, I think the books will vary from the show from this point onwards, there are already things that have happened differently in the TV show compared to the books so.

my memory is apparently crap
i read "a dance with dragons" when it was brand-new
i can't actually remember the ending at all except that i vaguely remember thinking that it was somehow the end of the series and that there'd be no more books

@DarkGift [or anyone else] please remind me what the fucking hell the ending of a dance with dragons actually was and give at least some sort of speculation on what you think will happen in the next 2 books

i can't actually remember the ending at all except that i vaguely remember thinking that it was somehow the end of the series and that there'd be no more books

@DarkGift [or anyone else] please remind me what the fucking hell the ending of a dance with dragons actually was and give at least some sort of speculation on what you think will happen in the next 2 books

I also read ADwD when it came out, so my memory it probably equally as fuzzy, haha. I'll probably re-read the series, or at least the last couple of books when Martin announces the release date of the next book.

anyone watching the last season of game of thrones??

so
again
what is coming after ADWD in the book series??
anyone here got any ideas at all about what might happen in the next book??

Another anime scenes with arya and shitnearys

Time waster with ballless negro and translator chick. Nobody cares.

Good fireplace scenes.

yeah
I know
@Lifemocker thinks the last season of GOT (so far) totally sucks ass

but what about the book series??
I remember thinking that ADWD would definitely be the last book in the series (when I read the ending when It first came out)
so now I'm wondering how GRRM worked around the ending of that book seemingly being the end of the series
also
wondering what kinda plot these upcoming 2 (maybe more) books will have
and how will they be different from the tv series

anyone going to even try to do any predictions about what will happen in these upcoming books??

I've been catching up with the first 7 seasons of the show and, sadly, haven't read the books either. Just watched the Red Wedding episode. What a nice episode! What a nice show! Joffrey's my favorite character. Shame I already know of his untimely demise from random spoilers. He would've made for such a great king.

The episode reminded me of a film called Funny Games, the 2007 one. What a nice film!

This episode reminded me to never watch anything where americans are involved. This episode was fucking disgusting and threw away EVERYTHING this show was.

Season 1:
Ned gets hurt in the leg, walks with the cane for the rest of his life, eventually meeting his demise because he was naive.

Season 6-7:
Make stupid decisons, get wounds guaranteeing death, survivee either by teleporting dragons or because who the fuck knows.
Stranded in the north on a fucking ice surrounded be dead?
Get soaked in cold AF water?
It's daijoubu, you will make it easy to the wall and just change your clothes.

Season 8:
Use stupid battle tactics.
Buff swords of savages on horses, dont buff others
Lol they died.
Maybe use dragons? Yes, but just once lol and then fly away.
Okay, so maybe fight BEHIND the trenches?
Nah, let's lose most of the army and then retreat behind the trenches and set them on fire. Oh, we could fight in the chokepoints created by dead? We suck lol, nvm, plot armor.
Giant swinging like madman at everything. Lol, little girl, better pick it up and get stabbed in the fucking eye.
(skipping most of the fucking bullshit)
Go 1v1 the night king (after falling from the fucking sky cos i cant ride a dragon). Lol, he ressurects all the dead, im dead. LOL NOPE JUST BACK IN WINTERFELL GUYS, I MADE IT LEMME FIGHT THIS UNDEAD DRAGON 1V1 LMAO.
Shit, my dear king friendzone, it's just me, the fucking dragon queen and you, we are dead, I cant fight and 4 walkers are rushing at me. LOL I MADE IT I SOMEHOW KILLED THEM AND YOU DIED LMAO.
(...)
Yasss, im a Night King and about to kill a criple, but cant talk, so instead of villain speech I will just smirk.
Arya: *teleports behind you* Nothing personal kid

YAY EVERYBODY WON HOORAY WE MADE IT THAT WAS CLOSE GUYS XD GOOD THAT ANIME GIRL JUST SAVED US.

Even more anime dialogues.

DIS
GU
STING

I wanted to make this meme but someone was quicker:
ptSP-ewCw-rAytrU53fJuBmoQ09MN_Xt2T3VwJgmq8M.png

i was going to binge-watch the entire series start-to-finish but now i'm prolly just going to skip it