Game of Thrones / A Song of Ice and Fire

Thought you guys might dig this ... its pretty interesting. WARNING: There may be some mild spoilers for people that haven't seen the series or read the 1st book
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkptadiDABo&playnext=1&list=PL4AEED5DF910E696D[/ame]

Thought you guys might dig this ... its pretty interesting. WARNING: There may be some mild spoilers for people that haven't seen the series or read the 1st book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkptadiDABo&playnext=1&list=PL4AEED5DF910E696D

I totally love that kind of clips! Some very creative people are involved, that's for sure. :)

It's fun watching it and guessing what will replace the bluescreen and then revealing the visual effects which are pissing all over my expectations. :)

Good to know, because the show really is really well done. It was just a bit exhausting. I took me a while to watch that much because I kept rewinding to try to figure out wtf was going on.

yeah
i know how you feel
when i first saw the big incest scene at the end of the first episode, i didn't realize that they were brother and sister, so i couldn't figure out wtf was going on when the brother pushed Bran out of the window

^ in the big scheme of things it shouldn't matter if they were brother and sister anyway ... the fact would have been that the Queen just got busted fucking someone other than the King which would be reason enough for one of them to want to get rid of Bran

Actually knowing they were siblings only makes the story that much more delicious

^ in the big scheme of things it shouldn't matter if they were brother and sister anyway ... the fact would have been that the Queen just got busted fucking someone other than the King which would be reason enough for one of them to want to get rid of Bran

Actually knowing they were siblings only makes the story that much more delicious

it was the queen that i didn't recognize, when i saw the queen's brother fucking someone i didn't realize that the female in the scene was the queen, i had to watch the begining of the replay just to get what had happened

I was watching an interview from Comic-Con with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, the guy who plays "Jamie Lannister" and he personally recommended this video:

SPOILER ALERT!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually hate pretty much everything but this TV series was really great.

Around episode 5 everything starts really going to hell and I got hooked. The last episode coulda been better though. I think they should have ended it one episode earlier with the head chop, woulda been a great cliffhanger. Whatever.

Great stuff Glenn!!!! Two thumbs up - well at least a pinky and an index finger ;) :headbang:

read the books a while ago; the tv-series didn't really match up.
I think the author is going to do a "Robert Jordan" and die before he finishes the last two parts; two of the books are pretty much exact the same events but seen from two different people's perspective for example.

read the books a while ago; the tv-series didn't really match up.
I think the author is going to do a "Robert Jordan" and die before he finishes the last two parts; two of the books are pretty much exact the same events but seen from two different people's perspective for example.

Yeah, the first season managed somewhat successfully to recount the most important events of the first book, but from the second book onwards things start to get increasingly complicated and difficult to translate in to a tv series.
Still, the series is pretty good and very watchable.

And yes, with the pace he is writing he will probably die before finishing (I'll probably die too). However, I've read that he has told the creators of the tv series how he is planning to end the story in the event that he won't be able to finish it himself.

They can't follow the books exactly because George RR tolkienripoffMartin won't have finished the story by the time the seasons caught up if it were one season per book; that's why season 3/4 are splitting Storm of Swords between them.

I just want to watch Cersi Lannister get raped, have her fucking throat slit, and then thrown into a ditch; all whilst Joffrey is forced to watch whilst being buggered by The Hound.

They can't follow the books exactly because George RR tolkienripoffMartin won't have finished the story by the time the seasons caught up if it were one season per book; that's why season 3/4 are splitting Storm of Swords between them.

true

now for a side note ... how do you figure him to be a Tolkien ripoff? I'm genuinely curious

That could be one reason, however I doubt it would be possible to fit the whole book in to 10 episodes even if they wanted to. At least not without reducing significantly the quality of the show.