Game of Thrones / A Song of Ice and Fire

They can't follow the books exactly because George RR tolkienripoffMartin won't have finished the story by the time the seasons caught up if it were one season per book; that's why season 3/4 are splitting Storm of Swords between them.

Well i wonder how you feel that its a rippoff? I think the books are genius, and don't follow the usual fantasy template alá Tolkien.

They can't follow the books exactly because George RR tolkienripoffMartin won't have finished the story by the time the seasons caught up if it were one season per book; that's why season 3/4 are splitting Storm of Swords between them.

I have no problem with them splitting Storm of Swords in two seasons. The book is gigantic, even the books that I've bought have split it in two.

Anyway, what you guys think of the Red Wedding? Thought it was brootal, although the Arya scenes slowed down the pace quite a bit. The music was as always excellent as well.

I've only seen the first series on TV but I've read all the books. I heard the TV show did a great job with the dual death a few nights ago. I still can't believe Martin killed off both of them like that. I remember being shocked when I read that part and can't wait to see how they did it on the TV show. Haha.

I've only seen the first series on TV but I've read all the books. I heard the TV show did a great job with the dual death a few nights ago. I still can't believe Martin killed off both of them like that. I remember being shocked when I read that part and can't wait to see how they did it on the TV show. Haha.

Mate it was fucking brutal. Not many shows actually grab my balls like that, but fuck... legitimately felt gutted.

Because of differences in the show, it was more of a triple death. Possibly the most vicious, brutal scene in television history. One thing that made it even more intense was the fact that the characters had more central roles in the show than in the books.

Glenn buddy, did you misread what I wrote or am I misunderstanding you?

I'm pretty sure he was simply sarcastically reinforcing the point you we're making in your question to Jeff in regards to his thoughts on Martin being a Tolkien ripoff.

One thing that made it even more intense was the fact that the characters had more central roles in the show than in the books.

I don't know if that's true. It's been a while since I've read the book but I was more emotionally attached with these characters when reading the book than in the series.

The Red Wedding was as intense as I hoped it would be and more!

But I don't know.. I really don't care that much if there are differences between the books and the series, there always are when adapting a story to screen. It just doesn't work if you try to do it "literally". I leave the nit-picking to the nit-pickers and just enjoy a great series!

And these gave me a chuckle..

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/steps-to-get-over-your-game-of-thrones-sadness

I'm pretty sure he was simply sarcastically reinforcing the point you we're making in your question to Jeff in regards to his thoughts on Martin being a Tolkien ripoff.

I just don't understand how Jeff could think he's a Tolkien ripoff. I mean, GoT has absolutely nothing in common with LoTR

*Jeff's head explodes in 3 .... 2...... 1......

I saw the first season and half of the second one. There is a episode where a woman gives a birth a demon, that was too much for me!lol I gave up after that.

I liked what I saw, the first episodes seemed quite good but then dragons, zombies and demons? That supernatural shit was a turn off because I was not expecting after what I saw in the first episodes. Anyway, besides that supernatural shit I think that the serie is very very overrated, the best character is the midget, all the rest are not so great as everybody says.

Because of differences in the show, it was more of a triple death. Possibly the most vicious, brutal scene in television history. One thing that made it even more intense was the fact that the characters had more central roles in the show than in the books.

Hmmm. I'm trying to think of who the 3rd death would have been. Can't wait to catch up.