A spanking new toxic grind machine done! more synths then ever before..

I really dig this one, but the guitars aren't as good as in other songs I'm feeling. Also, this is the biggest thing that stood out to me, there are some timing issues with the vocals - particularly the very first growled stanza; it's just not locked in with the rest of the instruments.

The vocals are the shit!
But there is something on the guitars i didn't like.
In some party they are kind of undefined and washy in the background.
You know what i mean :rofl:?!

But it's still an awesome song!!!

Cheers guys!

And yes, the guitars are defenitly a bit in the background this time around.. lacking defenition.
I really wanted all out synths (i think i used 40 tracks of synths alone..yikes) and some synths are backing up the guitar parts as well.

Rest assured in the final version i'll get the guitars up and more in front.. thanks.

40 tracks of synth?!?!
holy shit...:lol:
I think it's quite dificult to find a good balance with such an amount of synths.
Good luck ;)
Im looking forward to hear the updated version!

Well I was going for those downward spiral-era Reznor monologues :D
PT has a great plug called Sci Fi (kinda like a whacked out ring modulator). I just automated the frequency, and followed it with a fuzz/wah and echoboy.
Then layered back on the verby vocal take :D

^^ And hey, the support from everyone here has been great. A million thank youss

As far as fx go, the most radical thing I tried with this song was the vocoder. I was really inspired by what skinny puppy and imogen heap did, so I played around with one to get something close I guess. In this case it was Native instruments vokator. It wasn't hard at all to get good results out of that thing.

The rest is just basic delays and verbs. As long as I know what the bpm to whatever I'm tracking on, it's cake to set those up =)