Toxic grind machine, a new one done.. more disco/techno then metal? nah.. but close.

Thanks! fizz: About 20 stereo-tracks of synths and samples roughly estimated from the head.. absynth, imposcar, toxic III and vanguard.

I hear you. And after maybe too many SOS articles, i'm about to jump on the Rick Rubin-ship of zero reverb whatsoever. A well placed delay speaks volumes !

God, I've been listening to this song non-stop! Love it and now I'm digging into the other Toxic Grind Machine stuff! :)

Thanks good sir! and i totally hear you about the cymbals being a bit too low and compressed.. i'll have to use the DFHS cymbals for the final mix, this time it's AD copperware you hear.. decent, but not good enough.

Didn't know it was Addictive Drums - pretty damn good sound you got out of it!
What I'd really know though is how you write synths like you have in TGM's tracks? Your synth skills are savage! Perhaps you should write up a tutorial for the forum someday! ;-)

Didn't know it was Addictive Drums - pretty damn good sound you got out of it!
What I'd really know though is how you write synths like you have in TGM's tracks? Your synth skills are savage! Perhaps you should write up a tutorial for the forum someday! ;-)

Nothing special really man! it's just sitting here for hours and having to listen to anything that sounds remotely good, and adjust and tweak it from there till it sounds decent enough.

Also, i avoid VSTi's reverbs most of the time, as they tend to sound a bit cheap.. rather have a good delay.

Some EQ sometimes, compression where needed, and volume balance is all i do to get the results.

i listened to the song again and thought you should add the synth at the 0:25 of the song where it picks up to the end as well 5:25. I agree with digital that the cymbals are a bit burried but other than that i cant really see anything else wrong with the song. Where can I buy this or any song by TGM?

Nothing special really man! it's just sitting here for hours and having to listen to anything that sounds remotely good, and adjust and tweak it from there till it sounds decent enough.

Also, i avoid VSTi's reverbs most of the time, as they tend to sound a bit cheap.. rather have a good delay.

Some EQ sometimes, compression where needed, and volume balance is all i do to get the results.

Cheers for the info. I checked out Vanguard today, it's fun to play with my MIDI keyboard alright. Other than that, I only have Reason 4 and I always find it difficult to work synths into my songs. Any tips?

i listened to the song again and thought you should add the synth at the 0:25 of the song where it picks up to the end as well 5:25. I agree with digital that the cymbals are a bit burried but other than that i cant really see anything else wrong with the song. Where can I buy this or any song by TGM?

We're just flattered as all hell that you dig our work =) Just PM Bob or myself, and we'll be happy to send you any completed song

And the plan is ..ONE more song with vocals and we're definitely changing Myspace sheets! It's been alooong time coming. This ol' layout is just slight of embarrasing and totally different with what the songs are doing.

Cheers guys! You're great.

Cheers for the info. I checked out Vanguard today, it's fun to play with my MIDI keyboard alright. Other than that, I only have Reason 4 and I always find it difficult to work synths into my songs. Any tips?

If you dig vanguard sir, you will love toxic III as well!

And as far as getting the synths to blend in.. do you mean getting them into the mix? or creating synth patterns and getting them to work within the song structure?

Hey Bob, cool stuff.:Smokin:

Hope you reamp the guitars cause i think the fizz from the POD XT takes away some of the vocals/synths.

TGM is a totally different kind a game, get it on a label.

I like the piece with the double kickdrum triplets and the singing.
Musicwise, I really don't like all the rest tbh :/
Soundwise, really nice again!

Overall, u have an original sound, only thing I miss a bit is amazing song writing, but you can do it, I'm sure about it!

If you dig vanguard sir, you will love toxic III as well!

And as far as getting the synths to blend in.. do you mean getting them into the mix? or creating synth patterns and getting them to work within the song structure?

Creating the actual synth patterns is what I struggle with the most really and I have an Oxygen8 MIDI keyboard. Demoing Toxic Biohazard, liking it so far - but fuck, some of these synths are like learning a DAW for the first time! Lol!
Mind sharing your Addictive Drums preset, or would there be much point as you're replacing so much anyways? The one thing I've always hated about AD is the lack of cymbal slots, but the kicks and snares just pop so much it's nice!

Bumpy bump!
I currently have Jadah, Let's End and Jackal Teeth. Any chance one of you can upload a zip with all the mp3s so I can pop 'em straight onto my iPhone and rock out to you guys at work? :) Changing Shapes is a fantastic track too!
Fuckin' loving your music, can't believe I haven't heard you before! I love this board for this exact reason - discovering great unsigned music!

Bumpy bump!
I currently have Jadah, Let's End and Jackal Teeth. Any chance one of you can upload a zip with all the mp3s so I can pop 'em straight onto my iPhone and rock out to you guys at work? :)

Awesome man, so you found cell 600 and Hymnlock? (as mp3 beauties)

This thread made me spin up Cell600 again and I was pleased.

thaaanks Roy. The upcoming one is probably the most aggro track since the cell 600 clip ..vocally speaking ofc. Hope you will get to catch it =)