A Thin Shell

All the songs I've heard sound bad ass really. I'm ordering it now (been listening on youtube). Didn't I read a review of it somewhere and they said it was just mediocre?

the whole album absolutely kills.
Love it to death. I've been waiting for more music like this, but music of this quality is rare nowdays.

The second song, a Deplorable Request, is my personal favorite. The chorus is so catchy and full of sorrow. Kinda reminds me of a modern Brave Murder Day / October Tide fusion.

I actually never heard of In Mourning until this album came out, but I love their debut album, but I can't find it anywhere to purchase. Amazon doesn't have it nor does the official in mourning website. I think that album "the shrouded divine" fucking kills, Monolith doesn't sound too great from what I've heard. Sounds like they took a step back but I enjoy collecting albums, so I hope they make more copies of the shrouded divine, dude's got some hella thick death/doom vocals going on

the whole album absolutely kills.
Love it to death. I've been waiting for more music like this, but music of this quality is rare nowdays.

The second song, a Deplorable Request, is my personal favorite. The chorus is so catchy and full of sorrow. Kinda reminds me of a modern Brave Murder Day / October Tide fusion.
The more I listen, the more I realize that indeed the entire album is great, not a weak moment. Custodian is an epic opener, Deplorable Request super heavy, Nighttime a moody instrumental, Blackness Devours, great dynamic song with beautiful guitarwork. The Dividing Line, great, Fragile ultra sad song and Scorned probably the bleakest sounding of all.
I actually never heard of In Mourning until this album came out, but I love their debut album, but I can't find it anywhere to purchase. Amazon doesn't have it nor does the official in mourning website. I think that album "the shrouded divine" fucking kills, Monolith doesn't sound too great from what I've heard. Sounds like they took a step back but I enjoy collecting albums, so I hope they make more copies of the shrouded divine, dude's got some hella thick death/doom vocals going on
Shrouded Divine is a masterpiece indeed and yes, Tobias' growls are awesome, so full of desperation.

You can get Shrouded Divine on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/MOURNING-Shroud...270631684364?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item3f02e7c90c It's their current Singaporian label Pulverised Records offering it, I can recommend purchasing from them, they're always super fast and reliable. Just $3 for registered airmail anywhere in the world.

Love the album. Was not too into tracks 1 and 3, but Deplorable Request was great! From track 4 onwards it really started to pull me in, and the melodies/riffs had that classic/unique October Tide feel to them. Blackness Devours and The Dividing Line are two of the best songs I have heard this year! That being said, track 3 (the Nighttime Project) is perhaps the dullest song I have heard, the only real dud on the LP.

Love the album. Was not too into tracks 1 and 3, but Deplorable Request was great! From track 4 onwards it really started to pull me in, and the melodies/riffs had that classic/unique October Tide feel to them. Blackness Devours and The Dividing Line are two of the best songs I have heard this year! That being said, track 3 (the Nighttime Project) is perhaps the dullest song I have heard, the only real dud on the LP.

You should give track 1 some time to sink in. I remember not being crazy about that one at first, but loving all the others (except the instrumental track 3).

A Custodian of Science has some great leads and vocal arrangements.

i listened to the whole cd while i was walking through the park i couldn't have picked a more suitable cd. Scorned is crushing!

Hey Fred, fantastic job on the album, what a comeback!

It appears Candlelight USA only ships to the US and Canada (then why was I able to create an account and place an order...), so now I got it off ebay, should have it next week (including lyrics) :)