About God

Originally posted by speakinstone
i said i don't know. so maybe, maybe not? what's the difference? and what does it matter? to me, nothing.. that's what i meant.

:)
no, it has difference and IT MATTERS, coz you can't end your life with the thought "oh, whatta waste"... You're living it only once - atleast that's what we can say for sure, (quoting our last conversation) - that's what it's matter!!

Originally posted by Ivo
no, it has difference and IT MATTERS, coz you can't end your life with the thought "oh, whatta waste"... You're living it only once - atleast that's what we can say for sure, (quoting our last conversation) - that's what it's matter!!

yeah, see..i didn't mean i wouldn't care of this my only(?) life, but that i don't care to think what's after this. i concentrate to this one now. :)

Originally posted by ezekiel
and all you people saying that God is cruel for letting people suffer and all that crap, well did you ever wonder why it is only the people who despise Him that suffer? but you're free to be fooled into believing whatever you want

EXCUSE ME !!!
I hope you're joking!
What about people who pray to that God and still get cancer and die???

Originally posted by veil the sky
you sound like some kind of neo-platonist. very interesting!!

but i've never met anyone who thought that god was master of the universe. surely that was he-man.

....sorry, i'm having difficulty adjusting to the open-minded tolerance of the 'anathema board religious discussion' thread after the playground antics of the 'opeth board religious discussion'. i'm sure i'll adjust eventually!!

i didnt read that anywhere,or knew there was such theory.
but i'm greek like plato!
i just think that our god is inside us,and has nothing to do with being protective,giving us money,and saving us from diseases...its a mind business.

but i dont despise the books too..i give them the interpretation i believe.the worst thing nowadays is the priests.

agreed about the priesthood issue. it's the politicalisation of religion that has caused it so much damage.

plato's theory involves the incarnation of knowledge within us so that we can learn the 'truth' by means of recollection of the knowledge that is innate.

that reminds me of solipsistic theory, have you read the esoteric books of H. Blavatsky?
i will qoute her "The human nature seems like the universal nature, coz it cant stand emptyness...
Without God the Universe would look like a soulless corpse. As for the man they forbid him to search God at the only place he can find his traces and he fullfills this painful emptyness with a personal God, who was created by his spiritual leaders, using decaying pagan myths and ancient philosophies. How can we explane the mass creation of a new cults who is spreading like a mushrooms (some of them are ridiculuosly absurdous). "
I hope you can get the point coz i guess my translation sucks...

Originally posted by ezekiel
well did you ever wonder why it is only the people who despise Him that suffer?

Well I don´t believe in him and I´m against ALL kinds of religions but still I have a happy life :p
If a non-believer is suffering than it´s because he doesn´t pray to god. If a believer is then it´s said to be a kind of relief or a price (in sense of "he´s gonna go to heaven soon and get rid of all worries"... blablabla). The thing about god is the same like about the horoscopes. You can turn it any way you want, it´ll be ok for you. You just have to want to believe in it.
I think that if there is a god then he´s not into any religion! If that he was, then he would have put up a cross or something similar into that "eden" and wouldn´t have given us a mind and the abillity to think. And why would he make religions only something for the humans? As far as I know for "god" in christian way all the beeings are equal. But why do we never see an animal pray to god?? :lol: Hey, monkeys are animals and they betray their partners (birds do that too) and they do have sex also if they are not in heat. But do they go to hell because of that??

Originally posted by Eos
I think that if there is a god then he´s not into any religion! If that he was, then he would have put up a cross or something similar into that "eden" and wouldn´t have given us a mind and the abillity to think. And why would he make religions only something for the humans? As far as I know for "god" in christian way all the beeings are equal. But why do we never see an animal pray to god?? :lol: Hey, monkeys are animals and they betray their partners (birds do that too) and they do have sex also if they are not in heat. But do they go to hell because of that??
Hmmmm, well sorry to dissapoint you, there is nothing like a Christian God, Jewish God, Islamite God, because they all worship the same God... because when Christ was born people were saying he's the messiah... 2 dif people: Christians and Jews
I'm not sure about the story with Mohammed (he isn't considered as a messiah, right mehdi?) but that turned into a other religion... But why would they have a different God?!
Don't take these 10 commandements fully serious! You can fuck someone else if you like! But you have to agree you should try to stick with one person. It's always nonsense to go every week to the church... I'm no Christian... but I live with good things Christians (and other religios people) should be doing (being helpful, honesty,... )

For me myself, I don't believe in religion, I believe in God.
(wrote some cheesy lyrics about it, haha)

i think that somebody has to describe the meaning of the word God, coz i think it has several meanings:
according to webster god is:
1 any of various beings conceived of as supernatural, immortal, and having special powers over the lives and affairs of people and the course of nature; deity, esp. a male deity: typically considered objects of worship
2 an image that is worshiped; idol
3 a person or thing deified or excessively honored and admired
[G-] in monotheistic religions, the creator and ruler of the universe, regarded as eternal, infinite, all-powerful, and all-knowing; Supreme Being; Almighty

Originally posted by Mariner
Hmmmm, well sorry to dissapoint you, there is nothing like a Christian God, Jewish God, Islamite God, because they all worship the same God... because when Christ was born people were saying he's the messiah... 2 dif people: Christians and Jews
I'm not sure about the story with Mohammed (he isn't considered as a messiah, right mehdi?) but that turned into a other religion... But why would they have a different God?!

we don't have a different God, I donno what made you think this way. we just have one God (Allah in our word) but don't have Holy spirit and other things. just one God who advice us to be respectful to other religiouns and people.
And besides, don't take these as an insult or something, I've read this stuff: we all know that other religiouns like Christianity are distorted by human hand-I mean some priests changed it as they wanted to before it has become written. so I think if I had to believe in any religion that wouldn't be other than mine.

and before making opposite arguments agains me, please be informed a little more. (this goes to everyone, not a personal thing to say)

well..I'm not a religious person myself, even like most of you I see the unfair things going on around me and can't stand it and couldn't understand why God lets these happen if he really exists. but last week I had the most terrible period of my life, and my mom had taken to the hospital and lots of other horrible things. and I donno why but I kept praying and then in one day my life has turned to normal. am I not supposed to be grateful or what?