About God

Originally posted by ezekiel
i agree. every religion has something crappy about it. but God didn't create religion, man did.

This is certainly true.
Perhaps a deity does exist, but has never "revealed" itself to us, nor does it care to. How can we know?

One thing which always perturbed me is (in Judeo-Christian-Muslim view) that "God just always existed". If we're to assume that this is true, and that 'god' itself didn't "need" to be created & has always just existed, why not then believe that all of the elements that coalesced into the formation of the universe always "just existed" as well?

Why is it acceptable to just believe that god didn't need a beginning? Is it because we simply want to?
The human ego has a peculiar way of projecting it's wants/desires into reality.

I'd really need good & almighty god to put some money in me pocket these days.... I'm a good chap afterall.....

Originally posted by Forlorn Hope
Not that Hypocrisy, freak :rolleyes:

You catched me!
biggrindaisy.gif
*freaky by nature* :loco: :lol:

Originally posted by Ivo
i think that somebody has to describe the meaning of the word God, coz i think it has several meanings:
yeah, that's how i always retort when somebody (from the gawd brigade) asks me whether i believe in gawd! nobody has given me a satisfactory answer to the question "what is gawd?" the websters are nice as descriptive, levelling the word to the most common cases, but what about a personal understanding of gawd from a believer?

the "gawd is everything" position is useless - why do you need to use "gawd" when you already have the word "everything"? because of comfort/habit?

...anyway, i like how the phrases "gawd knows" and "fuck knows" actually mean the same thing. +)

then again, i think you guys should stop looking at the stars and try to look at your shoes which are full of shit.

Originally posted by ashure
we don't have a different God, I donno what made you think this way. we just have one God (Allah in our word) but don't have Holy spirit and other things. just one God who advice us to be respectful to other religiouns and people.
And besides, don't take these as an insult or something, I've read this stuff: we all know that other religiouns like Christianity are distorted by human hand-I mean some priests changed it as they wanted to before it has become written. so I think if I had to believe in any religion that wouldn't be other than mine.

and before making opposite arguments agains me, please be informed a little more. (this goes to everyone, not a personal thing to say)

well..I'm not a religious person myself, even like most of you I see the unfair things going on around me and can't stand it and couldn't understand why God lets these happen if he really exists. but last week I had the most terrible period of my life, and my mom had taken to the hospital and lots of other horrible things. and I donno why but I kept praying and then in one day my life has turned to normal. am I not supposed to be grateful or what?

geçmiþ olsun, her þey yolunda mý? :(

What's wrong with yous? I don't feel comfortable with being Christian, because there are loads of things I won't do and I'm not agreeing with some of their statements. Because won't fast for knowing what it's like to have it difficult, ridiculous, I rather help other people 40 days then not eating for 40 days... okay i should not mix different things up, but it's like that
It's good to do/live certain Christians habits, because most are helpful and good Some are stupid. Every religion has this sort of weaknesses...
but I still believe in God, but don't belong to any religion
that's what I want to say. Don't belong (instead believe)

hehe, "knowing whats it like" is only just the minor part of fasting. above all, you fast to have control over your earthly desires. (when you fast, you dont only stay away from food, but you also stay away from all sexual contact.) this kind of "wisdom" is not only in islam, you know, but also in many eastern philosophies too...
and no one is stopping you from helping other people, too. :p

Originally posted by moody
then again, i think you guys should stop looking at the stars and try to look at your shoes which are full of shit.
...our shoes may be full of shit, but i can say the same about your spirit...:mad:

Originally posted by Mariner
What's wrong with yous? I don't feel comfortable with being Christian, because there are loads of things I won't do and I'm not agreeing with some of their statements. Because won't fast for knowing what it's like to have it difficult, ridiculous, I rather help other people 40 days then not eating for 40 days... okay i should not mix different things up, but it's like that
It's good to do/live certain Christians habits, because most are helpful and good Some are stupid. Every religion has this sort of weaknesses...
but I still believe in God, but don't belong to any religion
that's what I want to say. Don't belong (instead believe)
it's funny how most christians (i talk about christians, coz dunno ppl of other religions) who claim to be religious never have read the bible and when i ask them why the hell you believe in something, that you've never read of, they can't say nothing - it's all inherited & traditional and it is stupid... I'm also christian born, and even for one night i was religious while reading the bible...but then i realised that there's too much contradictions into that book (they call it eclecticism) and i gave it away...

It isn't right that such a sick old man has such an important position, again a weakness of Christianity!

He's fun to watch though, isn't he? I mean he's 666 years old but he won't leave his throne. He wants to rule even if he can't barely talk or walk!!! Pathetic....