About God

Originally posted by Mariner
What's wrong with yous? I don't feel comfortable with being Christian, because there are loads of things I won't do and I'm not agreeing with some of their statements. Because won't fast for knowing what it's like to have it difficult, ridiculous, I rather help other people 40 days then not eating for 40 days... okay i should not mix different things up, but it's like that
It's good to do/live certain Christians habits, because most are helpful and good Some are stupid. Every religion has this sort of weaknesses...
but I still believe in God, but don't belong to any religion
that's what I want to say. Don't belong (instead believe)

hmm I think this 'what is wrong with yous' is closely related with me too. well first of all you're right about true and stupid parts of religions. But like Don already said, Fasting doesn't keep you away from anything-and besides only for a certain period in one day you don't eat, not a whole month:D
and I must say fasting is outdated. I mean there are lots of things of religions related with the time period they first started to exist. Because at those times, most people were doing things wrong and this had become some sort of a caos, so religions were 'sent' (?) to correct them. But now there are rules, regulations or you name it. But if someone still think this is about the inner world to make himself/herself away earthly desires and wrongful acts, then be it.

Stanley Matthews used to fast one day a week, and he played till he was 50. And they reckon the next Pope will be black and will be the antichrist:eek: , celebrity stalking will become olympic event, diet coke drinkers will be the first to evolve, the combination of a full bladder and a morning stiffie will win wars.
God bless you all!