About how to get a cymbal sample!!

Teocida

New Metal Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hi everybody!

I would like to know how can I get a sample of a cymbal of my band drummist. I have SSD and AD, and these don't have this cymbal. I searched in the SD2.0 web for this one, and I got nothing.

The cymbal is like an inverse bell. Like the one As Blood Runs Black drummist plays in the videoclip My Fears Have Become Phobias.

I don't have any virtual sampler, only Halion Sonic. With this, I can pay 99€ for an upgrade to Halion 4. But I don't know if I can use it for this job.

I hope you understand my poor english :S

Thank you.

Thank you , Trevoire. But I think this isn't the right answer for me :S I want to program this cymbal like a ride or hihat. One sample will make to sound like a machinegun. And copy-paste some samples of the cymbal could be a hard work. I want to do something like SSD, load some samples and make them sound alternately.

Yeah, I know, this question is a very dumb one... Sorry.

Thanks Unicorn. I'm gonna read about Battery. If you know any other software, letme know, pliz. Soon, Ill be buying Kontakt or Halion, but I don't know if I can use them for this, or they're worse tools than Battery.

Yeah, yesterday I read about aptrigga in UM. I have to know aptrigga more and learn how this works.

Btw, I have trigger by Slate. Ca I use it for this?

Yeah, yesterday I read about aptrigga in UM. I have to know aptrigga more and learn how this works.

Yes, you also can use trigger for that.
Download Trigger Instrument Editor version at http://www.slatedigital.com/trigger.php
And make your own TCI with it!
Then set up Trigger the way it triggers from incoming midi.

^^ I do this. But i don't know about sampling MIDI for it. If I were recording a cymbal; I'd just sample multiple hits and velocity's [hard, medium, soft, choke, ect.] and then make .TCI files of the cymbals [pre-panned according to the drum set] and then insert the click source hits and retrigger those.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18807078/cymbal shit.JPG

As you can see from the picture I haven't done any velocity changes yet. I do all hard hits until all of the cymbal re-sampling/replacement is done. Then go back and "humanize" by alternating velocity's. Hope this helps.