About Mr Pinella and Mr Kuprij

Luis

Mortal With Immortal Mind
As i have said several times, Mr Pinella did STUDY classical music, but Mr Vitalij is a REAL virtuso, i mean he plays Chopins Etudes and Liszts Piano Concerto (some people believe this is the most difficult piano concerto ever composed) If we want to know whos better we would need to listen to Mr Pinella playing Chopin or Liszt. I have been waiting a solo CD of Mr Pinella with classical music piano works, but im losing hopes about it...becouse it seems he wont never do it :cry:. In one interview that i posted, Pinella said he spends most of his time playing the piano and traying to get bigger his classical piano repertoire, so i dont understand why he hasnt made his solo album yet???

The only other metal or rock keyboardist in Vitalij's league is not Jordan Rudess, is Tony Macalpine and perhaps Chirs Ingles from Shadow Gallery. But im shoure one day Mr Pinella will show us his talent...........

Tony MacAlpine plays better the piano than the guitar IMO, but some ppl say he's Equal at both instruments, though he's Amazing playing live he does Guitars and Piano at the same time now he's a virtuoso ;)

Michael Romeo started on the piano too I believe. I think he plays most of the solos on the Dark Chapter too including a pretty sweet solo on Chaotic Episode. I am not saying he is Pinella or Kuprij's equal on the keys, but he does seem to be fairly proficient. Anyone seen him play?

Michael Romeo programmed(entered note for note into a sequencer)all the keyboards on the Dark Chapter. Most of the sympho-stuff on V and Odyssey is programmed as well.

Considering that he wrote half of The Odyssey (the album) by himself, I would imagine he is a more than competent keyboard player...
Writing and playing are two different things- But Pinnella has improved vastly over the years. See my post in the other thread about exactly the same subject for my thoughts on him.

Luis said:
I have been waiting a solo CD of Mr Pinella with classical music piano works, but im losing hopes about it...becouse it seems he wont never do it !
bawl1.gif

Did you ever think about releasing a solo cd?

Yes. I'm not saying that I'm in the process but I'm starting to think about it now.

What if you really had to start to play another style, would it be blues, jazz, classical or...?
Classical!

Classical?
Oh yeah. That's probably... that and the metal are most related

Dreaming about that solo cd :headbang::headbang:

Who's style you like better is completely subjective, but I think there is no doubt that Vitalij is an all around more amazing player skillwise.

check out the Ring of Fire live DVD if you want to see him in action.

Yeah, I really wanted to get that dvd but our old-fasioned-shitty TV doesnt accept NTHS formatting only PAL.

Too bad he left Ring Of Fire

Hey Guys, sure I'll get flamed for this, but hey, it's my opinion: When I first heard Vitalij, I was BLOWN AWAY by his skill, but the more I listened to him the more it seemed all shred and no substance. If you're gonna do the whole "competition" thing (which I personally hate anyway) how about considering originality and creativity! In that regard I say Pinella is DEFINITELY my own personal favorite.

And whoever said Rudess is not in the same league as Vitlaij is off his/her rocker! Personally, I prefer Pinnella as far as "feeling," but I think Rudess is probably the most talented Rock keyboardist on Earth. (incidentally a lot of classical players will even say that Rag-time is perhaps the most difficult style to play on the piano, and Rudess does a lot of that!)

One more piece of info that relates to some things that people have said...I've also seen Mike Keneally play double leads with himself (keys/guitar at the same time!) I almost fell down with amazement when I saw that! Keneally rules!

Paul

you guys have forgot Jens Johansson here... and there s alot of other
synth/piano players that rules too... btw.. Tony MacAlpine was one of
the greatest uprising pianoplayers when he was little.. and i don t think
he gotten worse.. lol... Kuprij is really great too... i like Kevin Moore too..
but.. as i said.. theres alot of them... but i dont know them coz im a
guitarist... lol

Maybe Vitalij is slightly better technically than Michael, but the way Pinella plays with MJR on the live cd, i would have to say that i think he is the most innovative of the two.

shredmaster said:
Maybe Vitalij is slightly better technically than Michael, but the way Pinella plays with MJR on the live cd, i would have to say that i think he is the most innovative of the two.

Where can I hear music from this Vitalij guy I've never heard of him?? He must be very good if you compare him to mr Pinella, so in what band is he? Or is he a classical pianist?

I would really like to hear MJR play piano or keys live. I respect a lot Tony MacAlpine because he does that. And I'm especially interested in guys that play piano and guitar because I do that too. :)