about new anathema video

discouraged1

disco my arse!
May 24, 2001
Belgrade, Serbia
www.myspace.com
hi,

i just think that mfn should finance anathema to do a video clip, in my opinion the 1st single should be are you there? and the 2nd pulled under at 2000 metres a second. i think now it's finally time for anathema, their final chance for a breakthrough. they deserve it.

Cerulean said:
Are You There and Pulled Under are great songs, but making a video for them??? I think Balance would be the best choice, it's the most balanced song of the album :)

Yep; Balance and Flying, the best two songs for a single/video IMO

discouraged1 said:
hi,

i just think that mfn should finance anathema to do a video clip, in my opinion the 1st single should be are you there? and the 2nd pulled under at 2000 metres a second. i think now it's finally time for anathema, their final chance for a breakthrough. they deserve it.
we would all like that wouln't we? i don't think it's going to happen though

Damn it. I thought this topic was here for people to discuss about some already released new anathema video, which of course I had heard nothing about. For like a second my heart started to race.

no matter where it gets played...the important thing is that they do a video...yeah either Closer, or Flying and of course balance..

Strangelight said:
are you lot talking about what would actually be the best song/video combination? or which would be best, tactfully, to get airplay on MTV and all that?

A mix of both I think. But I doubt they would enjoy making another video for nothing like they did with Pressure :erk: So the song had better be an 'easy to get into' one. Like Flying.
If it was just for the sake of art, they could make a 10 minutes vid for Violence, with a strong scenario that would follow the stream of the music :D

cedarbreed said:
A mix of both I think. But I doubt they would enjoy making another video for nothing like they did with Pressure :erk: So the song had better be an 'easy to get into' one. Like Flying.
If it was just for the sake of art, they could make a 10 minutes vid for Violence, with a strong scenario that would follow the stream of the music :D
were getting a good video camera to make our own documentaties for the DVD, and you have given a good idea there. it wont get on mtv but if we did a film for violence that was good, i'd be well chuffed. all slow motion stuff and that.

nah do all fast strobe stuff that will make the mtv generation go sponky eyed and have spontaneous fits for the next five years. thats whats needed.

pagan2002 said:
were getting a good video camera to make our own documentaties for the DVD, and you have given a good idea there. it wont get on mtv but if we did a film for violence that was good, i'd be well chuffed. all slow motion stuff and that.

nice one, it could be on the DVD then ?

aye i'd go for closer, disaster, childood dream and violence and put them all on the DVD. we'll probably film the stuff ourselves though aye, apart from your project piet. you should contact the guys cos a few of them thoguth it needed more stuff in it. maybe a different approach?
we might just do our own videos like. if we've got the gear and tahta should be easy enough. mick used to do dead good ones. didnt you mick?

pagan2002 said:
aye i'd go for closer, disaster, childood dream and violence and put them all on the DVD. we'll probably film the stuff ourselves though aye, apart from your project piet. we might just do our own videos like. if we've got the gear and tahta should be easy enough. mick used to do dead good ones. didnt you mick?
aye, sound... up for the technical bits? could be through hell and back at times..
you should contact the guys cos a few of them thought it needed more stuff in it. maybe a different approach?
ah, i wanted to all along, but no-one aswered, apart from 1 email from u and a text from Vince... i'm up for it, all ears.
perhaps we should do a proper meeting when u do gigs in Holland eh?

pagan2002 said:
aye i'd go for closer, disaster, childood dream and violence and put them all on the DVD. we'll probably film the stuff ourselves though aye, apart from your project piet. you should contact the guys cos a few of them thoguth it needed more stuff in it. maybe a different approach?
we might just do our own videos like. if we've got the gear and tahta should be easy enough. mick used to do dead good ones. didnt you mick?
You should get me to film your documentary and I'll edit it too. Dont get any arseholes to do it or you'll be sorry