Absinthe

The original absinthe was a hallucinogenic drink.
What would happen to you if you inhaled it? You don't know. Give a break to the nerd. And we were talking about drinking 100% pure alcohol. Not breathing.

by inhaling the vapor of it you have good odds of inhaling the liquid stuff of it aswel, trust me it didn't look all that good...

I've spent a lot of time studying the drink of absinthe because well, I drink it! Absinthe is not a hallucination drink. That is only myth. All those movies (for example Eurotrip) only show the myth of the drink. The actual reason why a lot of philosophers drink it is because it changes your thought patterns and the more you drink (usually recommended 2 or 3 glasses in a night) the more "clear" you think. I've imagined a lot of different ideas I never would have when I was sober (or in a regular intoxicated state). Actually the majority of my first trilogy of novels was created while under the influence of absinthe.

Another thing is the act of adding sugar.

Sugar is normally placed on the absinthe spoon and water is slowly dripped over top the sugar cube (it is recommended 3 shots of water for every 1 shot of absinthe). The burning of the sugar isn't the original procedure. It is normally done for bohemian absinth (notice the e abcent in "absinth"). This style of absinthe has a lower amount of anise and when the water is added you'll notice that there isn't any "cloudiness" to the drink.

When someone says that "absinthe isn't real" they usually don't know what they are talking about. Any absinthe with artemisia absinthium (also known as wormwood) is essentually "real absinthe". The difference they are thinking is the quality of the drink. If you go to the liquor stores in America (and canada) and buy Hill's Absinthe or Green Tree Absinthe, it is still the same as "REAL ABSINTHE" it is just a lower quality than the kind you would purchase at specialty shops in France (or on websites that deal like www.absinth24.net).

Finally, in the southern states of USA there are breweries that do not include artemisia absinthium in their production and these are the only truly legal "absinthe" types allowed through USA customs. These types (I've personally never seen one) go by a different name... absenth(e) or absenth(e), I can't remember, and do not have the mind altering effects of regular absinthe.

I had 80%, i don't see the point in getting 55% if it's going to taste rank anyway , may aswel get as much alcohol as possible.

Teh Bring0r.. which brand would you recommend me. I just subscribed to absinth24.net. Cool site, they have killer glasses and other stuff.

[EDIT]

At the moment, Absinth VISION seems interesting :

"This relatively new Absinthe is a sensational and unique product.
It comes in an attractive high quality box, including informational material and recipes, and as a special bonus it includes 5g of genuine Artemisia Absinthium (Wormwood), recommended for preparing as a tea or for smoking (!).
The flavor is a typical Czech herbal profile without anise. This is quite possibly one of the most sophisticated presentations of an Absinthe yet."

Don't like the taste of anise very much.

ND24/7 said:
At the moment, Absinth VISION seems interesting :

"This relatively new Absinthe is a sensational and unique product.
It comes in an attractive high quality box, including informational material and recipes, and as a special bonus it includes 5g of genuine Artemisia Absinthium (Wormwood), recommended for preparing as a tea or for smoking (!).
The flavor is a typical Czech herbal profile without anise. This is quite possibly one of the most sophisticated presentations of an Absinthe yet."

Very nice that it comes with that little bonus but I grow my own artemisia absinthium. :)

What does it actually say about the drink? How much artemisia absinthium in it? The average bottle is 10mg.

La Fée Parisian Absinthe 68% abv 70cl. I've had that. It was pretty decent. I've also had Green Tree and Hill's -- both were lower quality in taste that La Fée Parisian.

Right now I have a bottle of Pere Kermann's Absinthe. Out of the lower quality ones I've tried I think it is the best and has the best results for clouding.

Somewhere in my e-mail is a saved receipt from a purchase I made recently (and I've boughten a few times). If I stop being lazy I'll go dig it out later. :erk:

What is that supposed to mean?
Can't you fucking read my question?
I said: "Yeah, it's not hallucinogenic now. Didn't it used to be in the old days?"
That means that I read what The Bringer wrote. What the fuck do you want? He says it's not hallucinogenic now. And I ask: What about the old days? Follow the thread my ass!

NikolasK88 said:
What is that supposed to mean?
Can't you fucking read my question?
I said: "Yeah, it's not hallucinogenic now. Didn't it used to be in the old days?"
That means that I read what The Bringer wrote. What the fuck do you want? He says it's not hallucinogenic now. And I ask: What about the old days? Follow the thread my ass!

Shut the fuck up and calm the fuck down matey