ACCEPT

Isn't that the old Templeman trick that is well documented on the first Van Halen albums (guitar on the left, guitar-reverb on the right)?
On the VH albums, it hasn't been used as an effect for catching the listeners attention on breaks (which seemed to have worked for RichS), though.
I personally like those little details, because they make a song sound less static and show how a mix can support a song's structure.

blackmore used to do the same, I have the highway star stems and its pretty much ritchie on the left and a room mic on the right. Listen to stuff like Exodus, Fabulous disaster, there was a room on the gtrs in breaks on that. It just adds a bit of depth and helps in headphones to. I tend to pan the guitars in a touch on the breaks too.

Thanks Andy for the reply, is it a verb that you used or a room mic?

It's always hard to read Andy's responses as they tend to be short and to the point. That said, I'm not sure if he was just describing other albums/bands, but it sounds like he might have used a room mic. :)

It's always hard to read Andy's responses as they tend to be short and to the point. That said, I'm not sure if he was just describing other albums/bands, but it sounds like he might have used a room mic. :)

It's no problem, I am thrilled Andy takes the time to answer my questions.

Thank you for your insight, I too believe it sounds like a room mic.

Sitting here drinking beer and listening to the vinyl, I'm just constantly grinning. So Michael Wagener didn't believe in this and turned down the gig? After all, I'm glad because it got Andy into the picture. Best Accept record since Metal Heart. And it reaffirms my desire to see Andy working with more classic bands, especially Priest.

Listen to stuff like Exodus, Fabulous disaster, there was a room on the gtrs in breaks on that. It just adds a bit of depth and helps in headphones to. I tend to pan the guitars in a touch on the breaks too.

If I remember correctly a total opposite happens on Slayer's "South Of Heaven", which has a guitar playing the intro riff hardpanned and virtually nothing on the other side - sounds pretty weird on the headphones :)

Yeah but it's on back-order everywhere. I think the USA release isn't doing well because you can't buy it. Roadrunner Records or whoever is the distributor really dropped the ball on this one. I got my copy from Rolling Stones music in Chicago and it's an Import that cost almost 40 bucks.

Okay, that's surprising because it's been put out by Nuclear Blast US and as much as I dislike this label, they usually have their distribution in place. And FWIW, it's in-stock at Amazon or cduniverse for example.

Okay, that's surprising because it's been put out by Nuclear Blast US and as much as I dislike this label, they usually have their distribution in place. And FWIW, it's in-stock at Amazon or cduniverse for example.

Yeah now it's in stock, it wasn't for a couple days since the release date. I bought the european import because the store is near me and I didn't want to wait for it to be shipped to me and the fact I had a gift card also persuaded my decision.