ACCEPT

Was it Wolf's idea to use the EVH instead of a Marshall (as he used to)?

Wolf auctioned his heavily modified JCM800 a few years ago, I found out about the auction a year after it was over :(

Great instrument tones. The guitars sound especially razor-like and remind me of Balls To The Wall.

Just a small question though, was the brickwall mastering out of your control?

Congratulations...the album sounds really great and the guitars are beautiful!

It's so wide too.

Did you use some particulary technique to help this aspect like mid side or is it 'simply' pan and eq?

Some tips about that?

Thank you

I think this is a rather open and dynamic sounding record, especially for todays standards

After the first few songs that's what I thought as well but half-way through the album that infamous "ear fatigue" kicked in. I do think the quality of the actual recordings are a hell of a lot better than some of the newer releases I've heard this and the past few years so that's a plus.

This is a pretty great album. The overall mix is excellent in every song, and the guitar/bass tones fucking slay.

Hey Andy. It's great sounding album. I have a question. You seem to cut off some of the highend of the cymbals. Is there any particular reason for doing that?

Hey Andy. It's great sounding album. I have a question. You seem to cut off some of the highend of the cymbals. Is there any particular reason for doing that?

I don't think so.
I was wondering why some people are boosting the highs like crazy, I just think Andy's not boosting them as much as some of you are used to.
in this mix but also in the arrangements/songs there's enough space for smoother/bigger sounding cymbals IMO..usually when I'm boosting highs on the overheads it's cause the whole mix/song is rather overloaded and the cymbals need the highs for the clarity/to cut through.
I think with good cymbals, good mics and especially an open mix/arrangement like this you don't need to boost highs on the OHs.
that's just my opinion though, still curious to know what Andy has to say about this

I'm really interested in the signal chain for Wolf's solos...
Is there some kind of fuzz involved?
His creamy lead sound has the same main characteristic as those recorded on early 80s Accept golden era LPs.

This kicks ass! One of the best albums I've heard this year, the vibe and production on the album are fantastic! Great job Andy!

I think this may be my first post to the Andy Sneap Forum. Hello all.

I love the new Accept album. Great job Andy. I must say this is probably the best Accept album ever. I love Mark Tornillo with the band. Overlorde shared the stage with TT Quick a few times back in the 80's so I am extremely happy for him.

I saw ACCEPT three times this year. Gramercy in NYC, ProgPower in Atlanta, and Starland Ballroom in NJ. Each show was excellent.

I came across this article at Steinberg.net. It is an interview with Wolf. Andy is mentioned in it. It may answer some of the tech questions people have

Enjoy!

http://www.steinberg.net/en/artists/community_stories/accept.html#c61836

It's interesting that according to that article the solos and guitar overdubs weren't recorded at Andy's studio.

It's interesting that according to that article the solos and guitar overdubs weren't recorded at Andy's studio.

Yeah that happens alot now. Makes for more flexibility. As long as the guitarist has decent recording gear, he can take his time and do multiple takes of the solos. Less pressure, studio expense, etc.