accidental collections

einride

your best friend
Feb 29, 2008
what bands do you actually not like THAT much yet you somehow ended up owning all or many of their albums anyway?

* a canorous quintet -- the only pure hate, more like, heh, only pure shit
* cemetary -- i think about 50% of what this band has done is garbage but i keep finding their cd's that have 2 good songs or so for 5 bucks and such
* testament -- i used to like this band a lot more than i do now, and i would like to get rid of about half of the cd's by them but they're worth almost literally nothing to trade/sell away so

If not counting the releases after Stargate, I have all Mortiis and related projects on vinyl. It's not that I don't like them, but I never intended to get them all, because some of them costed so damn much. I got most of them through trades with one English guy, who had a distro in the '90s and had no idea what they were worth these days. I also got some other mint "leftovers" from him, like original Dimmu 7" etc and gave only normal on-print bm-vinyls against those, heh. As I like Mortiis, this is not fitting to topic, but still an accident collection.

I also have all Ildjarn-vinyls, but most of them I really don't care for, but some are quite good.

I bought all 6 Labradford albums on a whim even though only two of them are above average at best. I rarely listen to any of those CDs but keep them because no one would ever take them from me.

uh i have like 6 xasthur albums and i have no fucking clue how

<---winner
ah yes

i still have 3 of their releases, i sold 2 others a while back

the only one i really wanna keep is the split with nortt, somehow xasthur is a lot fucking better than usual on that

uh i have like 6 xasthur albums and i have no fucking clue how, seeing that they all sound the same. i could easily do with 2.

<---winner

I stick with Nocturnal Poisoning and the split with Leviathan, but mostly for the Leviathan side. I'm sure I have another Xasthur album but can't put a name on it right now. Maybe To Violate.

I want to buy a Xasthur shirt someday though because the logo is more beautiful than sushi

I've somehow wound up with ten STRIBORG albums. I like the band, but don't go out of my way to get them... when I order from distros and I get a free CD for whatever reason they tend to get picked because they're consistently good background music even though one album is more than enough and... well, here I am.