acoustic work on morningrise

Brave.Archangel

Inside the City of Glass
I'm sorry I might get bashed for this question. The acoustic work on Morningrise is phenomenal. I started playing guitar about a year ago and I am trying to learn a lot of the acoustic passages. Are most of the played with pick or finger pick? Like the advent interludes and such... Just curious. thanks

it depends, try to watch the songs performed live. u can find them on youtube. as far as i know, the interlude in advent is played with a pick.
u remind me that the last time that i saw opeth live they played Blackwater Park and in the acoustic break u could see Mike throwing away the pick hehehehheee... and then he got a new one outta his pocket when he needed one.

if we r to play it as the source does then u must play with the fingers. I think it's more comfortable to play acoustic riffs with the fingers than with a pick anyway....

I just watched the Advent video from the Inferno fest gig, and he does play that part with fingers.

I think a lot of the acoustic passages are played with fingers, I know the Leper Affinity part, a Fair Judgment, and others (Godhead's Lament maybe?) ... Ive been learning a lot of Opeth songs on guitar and I usually try to play the parts with fingers and pick and see which one feels better.

I just watched the Advent video from the Inferno fest gig, and he does play that part with fingers.

I think a lot of the acoustic passages are played with fingers, I know the Leper Affinity part, a Fair Judgment, and others (Godhead's Lament maybe?) ... Ive been learning a lot of Opeth songs on guitar and I usually try to play the parts with fingers and pick and see which one feels better.

I could swear I've seen the leper affinity acoustic section played with a pick before, maybe it just depends on his mood :p