Adagio - DOMINATE

Kenneth R. said:
actually, i love PC69. I just think that Adagio's new album is much better suited by his voice, and dominates their previous two.
Readman is 10 times better than gus.I like the new album,but it is definitely the weakest adagio album.For me,a reunion with readman and Bruinberg would be a dream come true :yell: im afraid thats never gonna happen ever gonna happen never ever ever never gonna happen :loco:

Yngvai X said:
Actually, he sounds a lot like Edu from Angra.
+1, and at the same time, he doesn't sound like he's trying to be Edu. He just sounds Brazillian (which makes sense :lol: ) and in my opinion the new album is much more rockin than the previous 2. Readman was great, and should keep putting out PC69 albums...

Adagio just sounded... "lost"... in the symphonic oblivion of their influences, on their first two discs, but with Dominate, they've definitely found whatever it was they needed.

his yelling parts sound like edu but his ballad type slow singing parts dont sound sweet like Edu's,plus he cant scream like edu!

The new singer rules so much. It goes so well with the music on the new album. Sure, the old singer is good. Probably a better vocalist but I couldn't imagine his voice on the new album. Kinda like I can't imagine Sym X's first album sung by anyone but Rod.

The new singer is good too, and there's nothing really WRONG with the CD, but the problem is it's POWER METAL in every respect. Adagio is not a power metal band.

MrFast said:
Lol, how can you even say that? Power metal doesn't have piano composition going on every second of the song.

?

I have no idea what you mean by that. It's not like pianos are the sole property of prog/symphonic metal or whatever.

Yeah, but if you've ever listened to Dominate it's easy to notice how pianos are in every song very often and have lots of composition and shit. Lots of piano intros too.

Keyboard lines aren't the most important element of Prog Metal, but the genre wouldn't be the same without them.

NoSoup4you said:
The new singer is good too, and there's nothing really WRONG with the CD, but the problem is it's POWER METAL in every respect. Adagio is not a power metal band.

Um...what does genre have to do with anything? If that's your one complaint about the album, then that's pretty lame. :Smug: