Adagio

Examples:
Les Claypool
John Myung
That one guy with a Seven String Bass
The bassist from Spinal Tap

Bump!

Tell me, is their keyboardist THAT great? I know he fucking kicks ass in the studio but I haven't seen their live performance. I just wanna know cause there seems to be lots of hype going on about this guy.

I have an Adagio album somewhere, but I lost it :'( I remember thinking that it was a bit over the top technically, but there were some kick ass parts that really got to me. And I remember generally enjoying the album. A shame I can't remember what it was, lol.

Dominate is their best album IMO...Gus Monsanto does an awesome job of mixing soaring clean vox with some very cool growls...and the music is a little catchier and heavier. A quote from the band concerning the upcoming album Archangels In Black...

"the overall vibe is very dark and massive, the band came back to a more orchestral style of composition but kept the heavyness of songs like 'Dominate' or 'Children Of the Dead Lake' from the previous album" :kickass:

Adagio myspace

It still feels like they just released Dominate not too long ago, and they're already releasing another album. :headbang:
I actually really wanna see them do a US tour. Too bad they don't seem to have many US fans....

Maybe they can open for Sym X on their US tour :headbang:

I'm glad MrFast resurrected this thread, because I just got into Adagio!

I've only listened to Sanctus Ignis and Underworld once, and while I like them, I think Dominate is their best work. It's like a perfect mix of Symphony X and Opeth! I can't stop listening to Children of the Dead Lake and R'lyeh the Dead.

By the way, does anyone know where I can find bass tabs for the Dominate album? Their bass player is sick! Terror Jungle and Children of the Dead Lake have these awesome bass runs in them!

I took an hour and figured out the bass for R'lyeh the Dead...if anyone wants it, ask me!

Can anyone help with the bass fill @ 1:21 in Children of the Dead Lake?